What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Pump wont run  (Read 3399 times)

Blindman

New Pump wont run
« on: March 22, 2018, 07:44:42 am »
Hey guys,

I have a Catalina Samoa spa with 2 pumps that are both Executive 56. With a Balboa VS515Z board.

Last season my circulation pump (2 speed) stopped running. The second pump ran no problem. But when I hit the button for the circulation pump, i just hear a click but nothing happens. First I thought it was an air lock, so I released valves. Still nothing. Removed the motor and it looked in bad shape. Wouldnt spin easily.

This season I ordered a new pump. I put it back and wired just like the old one. Same thing, just a click. I troubleshot air lock again. Nothing. I saw there were 2 large 30amp fuses on the board. I figured if this is a bad fuse, if I swap them...the new circulation pump would run and the 2nd pump wont. Well after the swap, both pumps didnt start. So I swapped them back...still both pumps wont start. Something killed the fuses?

I went and bought 2 new fuses. Replaced. Now Im back to the circulation pump not running and 2nd pump running fine.

So, im lost. Is it a bad relay? Im not an expert with a volt meter but I can follow directions if there is something I should be checking.

Any help is appreciated!

Hot Tub Forum

New Pump wont run
« on: March 22, 2018, 07:44:42 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: New Pump wont run
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 01:54:24 pm »
  Take your main pump which you are calling the "circulation pump" and hook it up to where the 2nd pump is plugged in, hit the btn see if it comes on.  If it does, the pump is probably fine and you have another issue.   If it doesn't run, then theoretically it's a bad pump.   When hooked up to where pump 2 hooks to, you will likely only get one spd probably low, but at least it will tell you the pump is fine.   

Blindman

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 07:34:11 pm »
I thnk thats a good idea. I opened the panel and was about to switch them. Notices that the main plug has a red lead but the 2nd pump does not. Will this damage anything?

Also there seems to be 3 more spots for something to plug in, those spots seem to have relays related to them. What would they be for?
http://imgur.com/TsIOYU7
http://imgur.com/eMSMYrM

Thanks,
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 08:31:27 am by Blindman »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 04:42:17 pm »
 Sorry just saw your reply.   Do you have a volt meter?   If so before plugging in you could confirm that there is 110v on the two leads red and black where pump 2 connects.    Or just plug it in, it's shouldn't hurt anything, there is either power there or not for the red hot lead. As for the other plugs it would depend on what they are labeled for.    If ozone probably 110v or a circ pump will either be 110 or 220v  look on the schematic on the back of the lid to the control box. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 04:42:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42