What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Priming Mode Maax 103  (Read 2606 times)

Kicker4

Priming Mode Maax 103
« on: March 23, 2018, 04:09:18 pm »
Hi,

My wife and I just purchased a Maax Spa 103 California Cooperage Spa.  It has worked amazingly all week we've had it and we've loved it.  This morning when we came out it said Pr on the screen which I read in the manual meant "Priming Mode".  The Jets are all pulsating high/low/high/low nonstop and non of the buttons make it stop for more than a few seconds.  I let it run for a long time, then I unplugged it for a couple hours.  When I plug it back in it immediately begins pulsating Jets and says Pr on the screen again.  The filter is all clean, it has plenty of water in it.  We tried running the hose into the filter hole as some websites suggested to run water through it, and nothing seems to take it out of priming mode so we can use it normally.   Any ideas on what to do?  Thank you!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Priming Mode Maax 103
« on: March 23, 2018, 04:09:18 pm »

Sam

Re: Priming Mode Maax 103
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 07:04:53 pm »
You've tried everything we would recommend.  It's time for a call to your dealer for a service visit. 

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 08:03:42 pm »
Could be a bad topside control panel.  If you power off the hot tub, disconnect the control panel and power back up and you don’t have the jets surging, then control panel is likely the issue.  I have seen stuck buttons cause that type of issue

Kicker4

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 08:35:37 pm »
Castletonia,

When I disconnect the control panel (unplug the wire that looks like a phone cord) and plug the hot tub back in it doesn't start up with the jets or anything.  It seems it needs the control panel plugged in to even turn on.  Hmmm....!  Thank you for your help. 

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 09:11:36 pm »
How long did you wait?  Priming mode on Balboa electronics takes like 4-5 minutes and then the hot tub should start running pump 1 on low speed.  Unless there is also an issue with the main circuit board, the hot tub shouldn't care if the control panel is even there in terms of filtering and heating.

Kicker4

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 12:09:22 am »
Priming Mode was on for more than 30 minutes before we unplugged it for a while.  Then we unplugged it and plugged it back in.  Then it was in priming mode for another 30+ minutes while we tried to fix it.   Hmmm well once we disconnected the control panel and plugged it in the Jets or anything didn't start.... But I guess perhaps the heater was still on and we just didn't have a way of knowing it was even on.  After reading your message again, I bet it is just the main control box that is somehow causing the error! 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 12:09:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42