What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Re: warranty on beachcomber  (Read 5750 times)

huh?

• "42"
Re: warranty on beachcomber
« on: August 24, 2004, 02:47:42 pm »
Chances are the warranty might varry from Export/Domestic and depend on what model.
But this is what they say>
From the Source
¿

Hot Tub Forum

« on: August 24, 2004, 02:47:42 pm »

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 03:06:08 pm »
What are you looking for it to do?  Therapy or entertaining?  Is size a concern?  Have you wet tested?

I'm getting good at this :D
¿

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 04:24:52 pm »
If you like Arctic, check out Coleman. Very similair in insulation/energy efficiency, much better $. Coleman/Maax have been around much longer than Arctic. Arctic turns 10 this year!
Homeworks Financing Representative

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 04:33:42 pm »
I wonder why Beachcomber makes you buy 5 year coverage? Isn't that the industry standard for "premium" hot tubs? What is the difference between a warranty and guarantee? I know a warranty is a legally binding document........ And what do they mean there is one condition.........?

Just some things to think about.

Former Beachcomber dealer

HotubMan ;D ;D ;D
Homeworks Financing Representative

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 06:38:17 pm »
If warranty is one of your concerns, Marquis has the best in the industry.  Also, a great spa for comfort and threapy.

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 06:42:07 pm »
If warranty is one of your concerns, Marquis has the best in the industry.

How do you figure?
¿

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 07:22:24 pm »
Steve...I believe this is yours.
¿

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 08:36:02 pm »
Hydro Spas (out of Florida) and Hydropool spas (Ontario Canada) are two different manufacturers. I think someone should sue! ;D

For the record, Beachcomber is lifetime guarantee of the structure, 5 year surface and 2 year parts & labor on everything else. Warranties vary between manufacturers and the cost of which is passed onto the consumer. Some don't understand that. One can't compare warranties until they have a copy of it. You would be amazed how many sound great until you read the fine print. We have a dealer here that charges $70.00 for every call out regardless of whether or not it's in warranty. Drives me crazy! :o

Steve

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 08:38:59 pm »
Hydro Spas (out of Florida) and Hydropool spas (Ontario Canada) are two different manufacturers. I think someone should sue! ;D

Oops. I should know better. My bad.
¿

TALKCalgary.com

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2004, 11:42:19 pm »
I agree with Steve. I was told that Beachcomber came with a five year bumper to bumper guarantee.  Only after checking the fine print did I find this was not the case. Furthermore, in the case of Beachcomber, should you find your spa needs to be replaced under the limited guarantee then the customer is responsible for ALL shipping and handling costs. That could end up costing you $$$

If you are looking for a good guarantee try Marquis or Arctic. Beachcomber make a very good spa, but are let down by poor guarantee and limited features.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2004, 12:21:06 am »
I was told that Beachcomber came with a five year bumper to bumper guarantee.  Only after checking the fine print did I find this was not the case.

WOW. What did your dealer say when you went back there?

Furthermore, in the case of Beachcomber, should you find your spa needs to be replaced under the limited guarantee then the customer is responsible for ALL shipping and handling costs. That could end up costing you $$$

I think you'll find EVERY manufacturer states that. Not a shocker there.

If you are looking for a good guarantee try Marquis or Arctic. Beachcomber make a very good spa, but are let down by poor guarantee and limited features.

So are you trading your spa in?  ??? Actually, when compared to many warranties out there, Beachcomber makes a very strong guarantee. I guess it's just a matter of understanding everyone elses and realizing what you have isn't too bad after all. You've got a great company behind you Talk. I wouldn't complain too much! I'd at least wait until something does go wrong.

Steve

TALKCalgary.com

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2004, 01:52:49 am »
I was told that Beachcomber came with a five year bumper to bumper guarantee.  Only after checking the fine print did I find this was not the case.

WOW. What did your dealer say when you went back there?

Furthermore, in the case of Beachcomber, should you find your spa needs to be replaced under the limited guarantee then the customer is responsible for ALL shipping and handling costs. That could end up costing you $$$

I think you'll find EVERY manufacturer states that. Not a shocker there.

So are you trading your spa in?  ??? Actually, when compared to many warranties out there, Beachcomber makes a very strong guarantee. I guess it's just a matter of understanding everyone elses and realizing what you have isn't too bad after all. You've got a great company behind you Talk. I wouldn't complain too much! I'd at least wait until something does go wrong.

Steve

"What did my dealer say when I went back there"?

He said that his salesman had "made a mistake". Personally, I think this was a genuine mistake, this dealer has in fact been very helpful.

"Am I trading my spa in"?  

No. After all, I can't trade in that which I do not have.  The fact is after six weeks, I am still waiting for Beachcomber to ship my spa from BC to Alberta. :o

« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 01:54:44 am by TALKCalgary.com »

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2004, 09:13:31 pm »
Becareful of any manufacturer that offers a lifetime warranty.  go to Lifetime.com.  This will be very eye opening for you.

TALKCalgary.com

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2004, 12:06:43 am »
Hmm, I had a look at Lifetime.com  However, I'm not sure what your point is  :-[

OnMedic

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2004, 07:40:26 am »
Likewise!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2004, 07:40:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42