What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The Artesian Quail ridge or Dove Canyon?  (Read 10877 times)

sore muscles

Re: The Artesian Quail ridge or Dove Canyon?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 03:30:46 pm »
Do you have an Antigua sam? and if so what did you pay?
   Mrlobster. I'm going with lighted waterfall upgrade package. no pillow waterfall's and no sound system. When we wet tested a tub with a radio in it. it had a bunch of calcium deposit's in the speaker cover mesh holes,  and I said that looks bad and it's also one more thing I got to clean and possibly fix . It's a 700.00 upgrade that I don't need or want. My spa will be situated 5 ft.  off my back porch and will be surrounded by raised garden beds and will be under a beautiful 40 year old maple tree. Since the maple tree blocks 50% of the sky above me. I really can't sky gaze from the spa. What I do have is a 6 ft high wood fence 10/15 ft. south of me and my neighbors kitchen window looking right at me. I'm more concerned with privacy. I'll put up a row of flower boxes just below the top of the fence and plant some tall growing plants to obscure there view. That's the main reason for my gazebo. The gazebo will protect my tub and cover from falling maple branches and snow etc. It will also give me the option to completely block my neighbor's view of my back yard with the curtains on the gazebo. Funny thing is, there kitchen window is THEE only one without curtains on the entire house...Grrrrr :-[   When I sit in my tub I want the jets going full blast and water temp on the high side for a really good, deep tissue massage, the last thing I want is a radio that you have turned up louder than the jet noise just to hear it. If I just soak, I'll like the peace and quiet while surrounded by my raised garden beds. The gazebo I originally was looking at was 10x12 for 1200.00 but looking at the roof, it was made of plastic, and wouldn't last. The other one had a metal roof but was 1600.00. I've got a cheap 100.00 canopy 10x10 with curtains, but soft type roof. I'll try that one first when they drop the tub off. If I like the look and feel of that, I'll go and get the hard top version. We shall see, I still have to dig the base yet and put the foundation in. I'll order the tub next week and it should arrive around late Sept.
   The thing I'm working out now is what kind of base do I want or what is best, concrete, lumber, or pavers. I'm leaning to concrete pad and 2 concrete walkways on either side of the tub and if I get the gazebo, I can bolt it right to the concrete.

Antigua Elite 84x84" in the Tuscan Sun shell, taupe exterior and cover, upgrade lighting package with piston assisted cover lifter, extra chemicals, and delivered for 9300.

I'm really getting excited, my very own personal 24 hr. masseuse, always on call and only steps away. 8)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 04:05:13 pm by sore muscles »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 03:30:46 pm »

Sam

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2015, 03:39:18 pm »
I don't personally have an antigua but have been in one multiple times.  The last antigua elite that we sold it was in the mid $10k range.  You price, with all that is included, is a very good deal.

sore muscles

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2015, 10:21:15 pm »
Just  bought the Antigua elite for 8900.00, upgrade light package, shell in Tuscan sun, exterior/cover in taupe, power assist cover lifter, no radio, and delivery.

Sam

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2015, 12:07:21 pm »
Just  bought the Antigua elite for 8900.00, upgrade light package, shell in Tuscan sun, exterior/cover in taupe, power assist cover lifter, no radio, and delivery.

Grats!  That's a great hot tub and you got a really good deal.  Now the waiting game. 

sore muscles

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2015, 10:59:20 pm »
poured 4 inch concrete slap with a 4 inch compacted base. have a 10 x 10 tent above my antigua elete. I use it every night, and I love my hot tub a month later...best personal investment I made! questions?

JustAnotherNewbie

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2015, 12:50:55 pm »
Can you post a some pics of your set up? The wife and I ordered the Margarita Elite should be here next month still getting back yard ready. Would appreciate pics ponder.

sore muscles

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2015, 01:00:51 pm »
well, to post some pics i'd have to open an account with photo bucket. if you got an easier way to get pics online, i'd be happy to post them.

flamingoezz

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2018, 02:13:12 pm »
I'm considering the Antigua Elite.  Now that you've had some time with it, can you comment on your experience?  Specifically, how many people fit comfortably for you, and if you have a photo of the footwell, I would appreciate it.  I can send an email address if you prefer via PM.

Thanks!

Spa, cover, air assist cover lifter, and the led lights. No steps, I'll build my own cheaper and better, Just the basic's for $9300. Fair price? I didn't even try to haggle yet on price. I was thinking of getting a gazebo, it has soft sides and a hard top for year round protection and privacy for 1200.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2018, 02:13:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42