What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dimension One Meridian  (Read 5839 times)

go4two

Dimension One Meridian
« on: March 19, 2018, 11:40:54 am »
Hi folks, new member here!  I’ve never owned a spa before, and am now in the market to buy something for our family of 6.  My max budget is $7K and have been looking hard at buying a Dimension One Meridian with a Clearzone, CrystalFX lighting and Terracina Vintage Cedar siding upgrade for $7K.  We have 3 spa dealers here in my small town, and they are Bullfrog, Hot Springs & the aforementioned Dimension One.  I’ve looked at the Bullfrog and Hot Springs, but for what I’m getting in the Merdian for $7K, I’d have to spend around $10K at either of the other two dealers.  I don’t want to be cheap, but right now that is all I can afford.  I'm paying cash, and don't want to borrow any money.  I’ve researched, and D1 has a good reputation from what I can find?

I’ve searched the forums for reviews on the D1 Meridian spas, but there isn’t much to go off of?  Am I getting the most bang for my buck with the Meridian for that price?  Any help would be much appreciated.  I don’t mind hearing the pros/cons on this spa if you have the time to tell me.  My family is very excited to start this new journey.

Thanks,

Hot Tub Forum

Dimension One Meridian
« on: March 19, 2018, 11:40:54 am »

go4two

Re: Dimension One Meridian
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 03:31:20 pm »
I'd love to hear from some of the dealers here.  I'm not worried about you hurting my feelings at all!  Just want an honest opinion. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 03:51:36 pm »
I'd love to hear from some of the dealers here.  I'm not worried about you hurting my feelings at all!  Just want an honest opinion.

I would choose D1 over either HS or BF. The manufacturer has been great in the past to deal with. The product has been solid. The power and feel has been fabulous (this is subjective). Been a while since I saw one but the past has been great.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 04:14:53 pm »
For 7k you are getting a good deal. Good tub. Not sure which HS or Bullfrog you are comparing it to but the ones price wise to compare it to would be the Hot Spot line from Hot Spr8ngs and the x series from Bullfrog. Each of those lines should have something at that price point. With the extras you are getting that’s a very fair price. I’m not as familiar with D-1 as I used to be but I have a dealer up near me that just started brought in D -1 and your price is lower then what he sells that base tub for with no options

go4two

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 04:56:38 pm »
Thank you fellers!  I was looking at Bull Frog for the jet pack tech $9800 (R8), from what I read, there is not reason to go with them if you are going with the old tech (X series) as the other dealers have done that tech much longer.  The Hot Springs lines are well known and solid, but I think the D1 spas have more bang for the buck with the same solid reputation.  The dealer is giving me a good deal on this tub, because they made a mistake when I came and looked.  There was a new sales kid that got me real excited about this tub, but told me the wrong price.  They are a class outfit and are honoring this mistake and giving me the tub for what the kid quoted me. 

Like I said, I've never owned one, and always wanted a spa.  I am at the point in life, that I can finally become part of the club!  Thanks again!

Ken

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 07:01:17 pm »
D1 makes a quality hot tub.  I don't have a local dealer anymore and haven't seen one in a while, but based on the company's history and reputation, they are solid.  Price seems good too.  At $7k, the Hot Spot Rhythm would be your closest comparison, but it is a smaller hot tub.  With Bullfrog, I believe it would be the X8.  Unless the D1 is lacking something you want, I think it is a safe buy and it sounds like your dealer is good too.

go4two

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 04:56:16 pm »
Thanks for the honest comments!  The electrician is installing my 220V infrastructure as we speak!  I am buying it tomorrow, and the whole family is really excited for our first Spa!

Ken

go4two

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 10:58:31 am »
UPDATE:

So, I went to go buy the D1 Meridian, and the owner tells me that this tub has been sitting on the show room floor since 08/2016.  It was purchased by a customer that hasn't been able to pick it up because they just haven't been able to build the infrastructure to put the spa on.  He is going to order this customer a new one, if I buy it.  This is really odd to me?  He told me he if I wanted a new 2018 model, he could order it, but it would cost $7900 with the upgrades I'm getting for this 2016 tub.  He said that the 2016 warranty is still good as if it was a 2018 model. 

I wonder if this is really as good a deal as I thought?   This store has been around a long time here, and has a good reputation, but this whole situation seems really odd to me?  I don't think $900 is enough of a discounted price for a never used 2016 model?  What do you guys think?  I am going back today to let him know my decision.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 11:41:20 am »
UPDATE:

So, I went to go buy the D1 Meridian, and the owner tells me that this tub has been sitting on the show room floor since 08/2016.  It was purchased by a customer that hasn't been able to pick it up because they just haven't been able to build the infrastructure to put the spa on.  He is going to order this customer a new one, if I buy it.  This is really odd to me?  He told me he if I wanted a new 2018 model, he could order it, but it would cost $7900 with the upgrades I'm getting for this 2016 tub.  He said that the 2016 warranty is still good as if it was a 2018 model. 

I wonder if this is really as good a deal as I thought?   This store has been around a long time here, and has a good reputation, but this whole situation seems really odd to me?  I don't think $900 is enough of a discounted price for a never used 2016 model?  What do you guys think?  I am going back today to let him know my decision.

1) I also don't think $900 is enough of a discount and I'd simply tell him with those choices I'd prefer a new one for that additional $900 and I suspect you'll see further movement,
2) Warranties start at the sale of the product but I think some manufacturers at some point start the clock if its been on the floor too long. To be safe, insist that any paperwork includes a statement that the Manufacturer's Warranty is in full AND the key there is the "Manufacturer's" part of the statement in case he is trying to say he'll honor any missing portion of it as a store warranty. 
220, 221, whatever it takes!

go4two

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 11:56:13 am »
UPDATE:

1) I also don't think $900 is enough of a discount and I'd simply tell him with those choices I'd prefer a new one for that additional $900 and I suspect you'll see further movement,
2) Warranties start at the sale of the product but I think some manufacturers at some point start the clock if its been on the floor too long. To be safe, insist that any paperwork includes a statement that the Manufacturer's Warranty is in full AND the key there is the "Manufacturer's" part of the statement in case he is trying to say he'll honor any missing portion of it as a store warranty.

Thanks Spatech, I am really bummed about this.  He was upfront about this tub being sold, but we didn't know it was over a year and half ago!  That makes a big difference!  $7K is a lot of money to me, and I just want to make sure I protect my investment.   Thanks for the advice. 

go4two

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 01:49:07 pm »
Another UPDATE:

Well, I voiced my concerns and ended up ordering a new 2018 Meridian spa with the same amenities, and the original quoted price of $7K.  They are a stand up business for doing that! 

One question though, is it normal to have to front the whole purchase price to order it?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 03:30:08 pm »
Another UPDATE:

Well, I voiced my concerns and ended up ordering a new 2018 Meridian spa with the same amenities, and the original quoted price of $7K.  They are a stand up business for doing that! 

One question though, is it normal to have to front the whole purchase price to order it?

Yes and no. If he netted the price down for you then he is probably getting a discount by paying for the tub upfront from the manufacturer so that would be why he would request paying in full

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 03:30:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42