What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: is it the CoverMate II?  (Read 4511 times)

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
is it the CoverMate II?
« on: August 30, 2004, 12:49:12 am »
I'm looking for a cover lifter that has keeps the cover as low as possible when open - by looking at pictures that would appear to be the CoverMate II, are there any others out there? I also noticed that there is an under mount option, can that be installed on a full tub?

Any feedback on the CoverMate II appreciated. :)

« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 11:38:46 am by empolgation »
e

Hot Tub Forum

is it the CoverMate II?
« on: August 30, 2004, 12:49:12 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: is it the CoverMate II?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 01:58:53 am »
Did you look at the various lifters on the site from which you linked the picture ?  ::)

The undermount requires the spa to be slightly lifted to slide the brackets under. Tough to do with 5000 pounds of water in it  ;D
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 09:49:40 am »
I have what I believe is the Covermate II furnished and installed by the dealer at startup...as Doc said, definitely w/o water.  Mine does not have the dogleg bend in it like the picture you posted which leads me to believe that either mine or the pictured one is another manufacturer's offering.  I like it just fine.  You can see a pic of mine at

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brdhd/album?.dir=e8c7&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

I'm also using it with a Cover Saver which is operating as advertised.  Throw on some 303 and I'm hoping to get many years out of this cover.

Good luck!
8)

We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

empolgation

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 12:07:01 pm »
Yep dr, I looked at the various lifters on all the sites that have that picture and similar. The covermate II looked to be my best option from pictures.

Thanks windsurfdog!

Anyone have experience with the Cover Rock-It lifter? Does the tub need to be empty for instalation?

e

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 12:51:10 pm »
I have the Covermate II (from Doc) and found that after it was installed it is actually several inches higher than what the picture shows.  I have a Optima (7'5" square)and to adjust it correctly it is about twice as high as what is pictured when opened. I do not see anything else that will work as easily as the covermate II but thought I would comment.  I think being twice as high as the picture doesn't matter to much becasue even if it was lower when seated you could not see over it anyway.

empolgation

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 02:35:30 pm »
thanks much Calico!
that was my concern -  pictures won't necessarily match reality. I image it's height would be dependent upon the depth of the spa as well as the actual installation adjustment.
e

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 02:35:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42