What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Another First Time Search  (Read 1795 times)

bugman61

Another First Time Search
« on: March 16, 2018, 02:03:24 pm »
First of all, thanks to everyone for this forum. It has been a great help in our hot tub search.

We are located in PA and starting a backyard project with a patio and hot tub. Our target was a ~6 person model without a lounger and a budget of about $10,000.  After finding this forum we looked at Jacuzzi, Caldera, Hot Springs, and Marquis. Our favorite was the HS Grandee, we really liked the style, the moto-massage, and the open seating with nothing in the middle of the tub for the kids to trip on as they move around. We did a wet test and were very happy.  We have been quoted $12,100 plus tax for a 2017 model including the basic stuff (cover, lifter, steps, starting chemicals, and delivery).  This is a savings off of list price of $2k for a sales event and $1k because it is a 2017.  We have never purchased a hot tub before so I'm looking for some guidance on if this is a good deal or there is more room to move.  It's more than we wanted to pay initially but we were not happy with the size or look of anything that we were getting prices of $10k or less. 

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Another First Time Search
« on: March 16, 2018, 02:03:24 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Another First Time Search
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 02:47:33 pm »
Its very common for spa searching customers to start with a budget and end up raising it though you at least had very reasonable budget and could easily stay at it were you not going for such a large high-end spa, sometimes people have a starting point that is far below reality.

When my 3 sons were small (many years ago) I also went with a large, barrier free, no-lounge spa and it worked out great. I can't really speak on price (I'm sure others will) but even if its confirmed as a good/reasonable quote, it never hurts to counter. The worst thing that can happen is they can say "we can't" and at least you'll feel better for trying but often times their "best price" gets a little better when you tell them you're serious but need to see a little more movement.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Sam

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 03:07:14 pm »
I haven't sold Hot Spring in years but that sounds like  a reasonable deal. 

mark3rs

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 05:46:32 pm »
I also have a Grandee NXT with two young children and we love the open seating.  Not sure how much prices fluctuate by region but we paid $11,000 + tax for a 2017 Grandee NXT with stairs, cover lifter, chemicals and delivery included.  Good luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 05:46:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42