What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Aromatherapy  (Read 3690 times)

bethshar

Aromatherapy
« on: August 30, 2004, 08:39:41 pm »
Does anyone have a Sundance spa with aromatherapy.  Do you smell anything?   I'm wondering if ours doesn't work right or if this feature just is lousy.  Are any of the scents stronger than others?  I don't like the idea of putting scents directly into the water, so I'm hoping to make this feature work for us.

Thanks-

Hot Tub Forum

Aromatherapy
« on: August 30, 2004, 08:39:41 pm »

OnMedic

Re: Aromatherapy
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 08:48:31 pm »
Hey Bethshar

We have tried the Beachcomber aromatherapy and find it doesn't really last long either. You sprinkle large crystals into the water and they disolve. I am told they act like epsom salts...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 09:13:16 pm »
We bought some of those beads that you put in the air injector/blower compartment.
When the blower is running, there is a faint smell, nothing very impressive so far.  The beads are overpriced in my opinion (about $7.00 for a pack of 2, if I recall).  One scent that they have that we didn't try yet is eucalyptus, maybe that would have been nice when I was recovering from pneumonia a few months ago.   But I certainly can leave the scent thing behind.
Brewman
Brewman

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 09:33:17 pm »
We too have a Sundance - and have tried the Tahitian flavour - we could smell it, but it wasn't super strong.

I've heard the lavendar is the most pronounced.

Jodi
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 09:38:45 pm »
My Dynasty has the same "feature"  its the most worthless option.  The crystals would have to be 4 times as strong to be slightly noticable.  I don't like adding stuff to the water to add armoma, but this doesn't work either. I'm suprised someone hasn't come down on the spa industry for the use of the word therapy.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 07:54:36 am »
Probably for the same reason that nobody comes down on the evil one for claiming his spas have the best therapy.  Define therapy, and define what makes it "better".
Brewman
Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 11:57:30 am »
I pay 4.99 for a two pack.  Most of the scents are faint and don't seem to last long.  So far, I've found lavender is the strongest and lasts a long time.  I have only tried four scents in two years, so I have a little more experimenting to do.

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 01:38:22 pm »
Here in the showroom we use Being (liquids) by Baqua.  It is safe to use with any system and you can add as much or as little as you want.  Not overly oily so they don't gunk up the filters

¿

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 01:38:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42