What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Narrowed down to two spas - opinions please  (Read 2426 times)

LadyAnn

Narrowed down to two spas - opinions please
« on: March 10, 2018, 12:57:27 pm »
Hi, after a lot of visiting showrooms and dry testing, we've narrowed our choices down to a Bullfrog A5L or Hot Springs Jetsetter NXT. They will be fairly similar in cost.  Bullfrog dealer has been in area for 20 years and will offer dealership lifetime warrantee. Hot Springs dealer has been in business for 25 years, 5 of them in this area and gives 5 year guarantee.

Bullfrog says their big deals are consolidated plumbing underneath and the ability to switch jet paks.

Hot Springs dealer says their bottom plumbing is encased in foam and removable jet paks will leak after a while.

As I mentioned before, I am purchasing for therapeutic reasons, spinal cord injury means problems from neck through back and down through legs.

I would greatly appreciate any and all opinions and comments as we compare and contrast these spas.  THANKS!

Hot Tub Forum

Narrowed down to two spas - opinions please
« on: March 10, 2018, 12:57:27 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Narrowed down to two spas - opinions please
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 01:07:06 pm »
Both are great spas.  Wet test and make that the final decision for you.  The stuff each said is just sales talk to try to get you to buy from them

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 02:36:00 pm »
Both good brands.  Worry about the manufacturers warranty, not the dealers warranty.  If that dealership ever goes out of business or changes ownership, then that lifetime warranty is invalid.  Wet test both, see which one you like best.  Research the dealer.  Just because they have been around a long time does not always mean they are reputable. 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 03:29:02 pm »
  I would want to know what a "dealership lifetime warranty" is?      Spa only has a 5 year warranty so is he covering beyond that with parts and labor, or just that he will be there for you should you need service?   

Agree both good choices. 

SC Cheesehead

Moto jet not working
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 05:38:43 pm »
I just drained and refilled the Hot Springs Sovereign, 2007, hot tub.  Everything was fine before, but now the moto jet does not work.  I have had it apart before and know how it all works, but I think something is wrong with the air.

Any ideas on why?

SC Cheesehead

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 05:41:25 pm »
You will love the dual moto jets on your back.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 09:38:26 pm »
 Obviously till she drains her spa.   ;) 

d00nut

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 11:48:37 pm »
Bullfrog dealer has been in area for 20 years and will offer dealership lifetime warrantee.

What is this?  This sounds "To good to be true."  Which means... it usually is.

Is it more of a... "we will be here for the long haul?"  Or is at an actual warranty? 

Both great spas.  I have a Grandee NXT now, love it. 

To cheesehead.  Motos stop working for only a handful of reasons.  First one is filters are to clogged.  Removing them and trying it again will determine if that is the case.  2nd is lack of air flow (typically caused by the blue hose in the middle not having air go through it or it popped off in the last 11 years.  3rd, it needs to be replaced.  Easy to do, but can generally be avoided with good watercare over the life of the spa.

This sounds obvious, but making sure all diverters and air valves are in the right spot can also make a difference  ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 11:48:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42