What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Both lights blinking on Hot Spring Prodigy  (Read 4965 times)

xyourobob

Both lights blinking on Hot Spring Prodigy
« on: March 09, 2018, 06:28:41 pm »
I am on my 3rd main board for my Prodigy Hot Tub, it happens every time we unplug the hot tub to drain, clean and refill. As soon as we plug the hot tub back in we get the Green and Red lights blinking and she doesn't heat up but still circulates. Yesterday is the third time, the power went out from a storm and when she kicked back in the lights were blinking on the hot tub again. I unplugged it for a few minutes and plugged her back in and still blinking lights. We enjoy it between refills but not enjoying the expense of these boards. Any ideas on whats causing this?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 03:28:04 pm by xyourobob »

Hot Tub Forum

Both lights blinking on Hot Spring Prodigy
« on: March 09, 2018, 06:28:41 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Keeping blowing main board on Hot Spring Prodigy
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 08:23:13 pm »
I’m guessing it’s a 110 hookup?  Is it a dedicated circuit to the hot tub only? 

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 08:31:01 pm »
If it blows every time you restart it... It's not the board.  It has to be how it's wired.  Is it the Relay board?  Do you have char marks on it?

xyourobob

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 10:03:29 am »
It is a 110V dedicated circuit that I installed 7 years ago, the last two times it was the high low switch on the main board (if I remember correctly). It has been running fine for several months after the last board change, it only happens when the power is interrupted and than reconnected. When I replaced the board I took pictures of all the wire connectors and did not deviate, the bad board showed no char marks. I have also replaced the relay about 5 years ago and the back of that board did have the tell tale signs of char marks.
It might be important to note that the switch inside the tub that controls the jets and lights has been acting up, you can press the button and nothing happens and then 10 minutes later out of the blue the jets come on. I'm not sure if the two issues could be connected? Can someone please share the tech bulletin on diagnosing the boards?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 10:05:36 am by xyourobob »

xyourobob

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 04:23:12 pm »
OK, it appears this time my circulation pump is not running. Hopefully whatever that problem may be it's tripping the high low switch? Now to determine why the circulation pump is not running.

xyourobob

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 05:05:32 pm »
I pulled the hose off the pump to see if there was air trapped in the line causing an airlock and that didn't solve the problem, in doing this I noticed the circulation pump was really hot. The pump is jammed up man, rather than rebuild I ordered a new pump on Amazon.

xyourobob

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 05:32:42 pm »
I replaced the circulation pump and now I have circulation but the red and green lights still flash. When I turn on the hot tub the the heater light on the main board lights up of for a millisecond and then goes out, a minute later the panel lights flash.

I jumped the wires to the pressure switch connection on the main board and I have the same results.

This is the 3rd time this has happened...... I checked the voltage at the outlet and it reads 122.6 volts

Could it be another faulty board?

xyourobob

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 12:57:42 pm »
I'm still in a holding pattern and hoping someone can please advise me.

xyourobob

Re: Both lights blinking on Hot Spring Prodigy
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 03:29:12 pm »
Both lights blinking on prodigy and no heat.........

Spiderman

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 12:15:39 pm »
Could it be the pressure switch in the heater?  Or no because you jumped the pressue switch and still no go?  I've got the same issue right now on my 2007 Vanguard. 
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 12:15:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42