What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Control Panel, INSIDE vs. OUTSIDE  (Read 2953 times)

kztahoe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Control Panel, INSIDE vs. OUTSIDE
« on: August 30, 2004, 12:10:11 pm »
Does anyone have any input on the good or bad on the MAIN control panel being on the inside of the tub or on the outside on the front of the cabinet?? We are looking two tubs one is one way and one is the other. Both have a extra smaller control panel to change the jets etc. on the inside but not any display features at all. WHat are the pros/cons to this?? I am still toying with the two manufacturers at this point. For those that havent read my previous posts they are HS and Marquis. I am just trying to factor in everthing that I can think of before the big purchase. So far all input from this forum has be wonderfull and I missed ya'll when it was down, almost had withdrawls!!!! I am so paranoid about making this big decision, thinking I will wish I had done one when I did the other, Oh, heck maybe I should just buy 2???? thanks and seeyalater

kay

Hot Tub Forum

Control Panel, INSIDE vs. OUTSIDE
« on: August 30, 2004, 12:10:11 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Control Panel, INSIDE vs. OUTSIDE
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 12:26:01 pm »
For the one with the main control on the outside, does it have an auxiliary control inside as well?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 12:46:34 pm »
For the model with the full display/control panel that can be used from inside the tub, is it located near the entry/exit? If so, find out if it has a control lockout.  My tub has an inside control panel, and I would like having to get out of the tub to check it, but the drawback on mine is sometimes people bump it getting in and out of the tub and change the settings with out realizing it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Oskar

• 2003 Marquis Reward
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 01:06:20 pm »
I have a Marquis that has the Control Panel on the inside, it has a lock out, shows the current temperature, soak timer is visible also has heat light on it and there is another single button control opposite it on the other side of the tub.

This is nice but in no why should it be a deal breaker, buy the tub your are most comfortable in, the one that seems to fit you when you wet test it, check out all the seats and see if it gives you the therapy you need, if you need it.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY A TUB BECAUSE IT HAS MORE BELL AND WHISTLES THAT ANOTHER

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 01:58:26 pm »
I have a Vista at my home: and have had Grandee and others over the years. I find that the 'Aux Panel' on the inside of the tub contains all the buttons you need for day-to-day use: jets and light.

The main panel on the outside is cool becuase it has all the other features, and has a very bright red and green light to let you know that all systems in the tub are working correctly. Many people install the tub so they can see this panel from the house - so a quick glance tells if all is well with your tub.

Also, having the main panel down on the front of the tub allows you to work it without opening the lid, and nobody is going to change anything by sitting on it...

We now offer a "Navigator Remote'" which is a floating remote control. It can tell you if your tub is at temp and update you on all other functions as well as controlling all functions of the spa from a distance. Also, some features only appear on the remote, such as multiple loops for the color-changing light system, a numeric readout for the volume and EQ on the Spaudio system, and the summer timer.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 02:02:07 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 02:06:50 pm »
I find it very convenient to have access to time and water temperature info while inside the tub.  Obviously, a floating thermometer and a wall clock would provide the same information but are not necessary if the control panel is readable from within the tub.
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2004, 03:55:21 pm »
I find it very convenient to have access to time and water temperature info while inside the tub.  Obviously, a floating thermometer and a wall clock would provide the same information but are not necessary if the control panel is readable from within the tub.
 8)

Ditto.  

We didn't really like the idea of an outside control panel and having to purchase a 'remote'.  We also like to use the clock and do sometimes change the temp while inside the tub.  And for us... We've got 2 little kids that would love to play with that panel if it were on the outside.  We've actually done the same with our new dishwasher... no controls on the outside.  All integrated so it's 'kid proof'.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2004, 04:53:29 pm »
You can lock the controls on a HotSpring - two ways:

"Spa Lock" locks out all controls.
"Temp Lock" leaves all controls live except the temp controls.

Most people do not change the temp often - sort of set it and forget it.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2004, 04:55:46 pm »
We love our control panel on the outside of the tub.  We have a grandee and the red and green lights (power and "ready") let us know when to come out and get in the tub if we are either warming it up or cooling it down.  It is also nice to hit a clean cycle or check the temperature without having to open the lid.

We measure temperature with a floating thermometer as we feel the temperature of the water near the surface is most "accurate" in terms of how the water feels to us.

I don't know that I would buy a remote control for a hot tub!

Don't let this sway your decision.  Either option can help you rationalize your purchase!  8)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2004, 04:55:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42