What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Vector 21 v94 or Marquis Euphoria (Jacuzzi j 365)  (Read 8803 times)

RDSTU

Marquis Vector 21 v94 or Marquis Euphoria (Jacuzzi j 365)
« on: February 28, 2018, 09:58:51 pm »
Hello ladies and gents,

Newbie to this forum and looking to purchase our first hot tub.  My wife and I have two kids and look to entertain now and then, majority of the time it will just be our family of 4-6. 

We have been looking for the last couple months and reading forums, google searches etc. to narrow it down.  We have now decided to not go with a lounger, unless a half lounger as one of our choices has.  Now we want to do it right the first time and with the knowledge and owners of various models on here what would you suggest for the listed below.  We have wet tested all except for one brand which we dry tested. Reliability, efficiency and build quality is obviously a key factor.  We do live in a area that gets cold winters and snow;

1. Hydropool 395  2. Marquis Vector 21 V94  3. Marquis Signature Euphoria  4.  Jacuzzi J - 365

I've seen some excellent reviews on most of the models.....mixed reviews and not much on the hydropool - "Self Cleaning" none Full Foam Insulation.   

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Looking to purchase in March and they are all in stock.

Thanks in advance! 8)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:09:45 pm by RDSTU »

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Vector 21 v94 or Marquis Euphoria (Jacuzzi j 365)
« on: February 28, 2018, 09:58:51 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Vector 21 v94 or Hydropool 720
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 12:27:43 am »
 Hydropool run.   Jacuzzi, Marquis, Bullfrog, Hot Springs, Sundance and Artesian.  All, In no particular order.  Find the spa and layout you like, wet test then make sure the dealer is reputable. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 06:14:26 am »
Arctic, Beachcomber, Dimension One.

All tubs self clean. Less insulation is better?
Retired

RDSTU

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 09:45:26 pm »
Appreciate the quick response!

Sam

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 03:51:45 pm »
Marquis over Hydropool and Jacuzzi all day.  Marquis makes a great hot tub.  Check out Artesian, Bullfrog, and D1 as noted above, if they're in your area.  I'm a big fan of Artesian Island Spas bang for buck.

RDSTU

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 11:24:33 am »
Thanks all!

@Sam i looked for dealers for the tubs you recommended.  Unfortunately none close to my location.  I'm leaning towards Marquis now... any idea of the major differences between the Marquis Vector 21 V94 and the Marquis Euphoria?  I understand that the warranty is a few years longer.  Better quality exterior/shell....therapy jets and a few k's more.

Is is worth the extra $ ...i've read that the vector 94 is the newest technology and number one seller.....would i lose anything going with euphoria?

Pros/Cons;

castletonia

Re: Marquis Vector 21 v94 or Marquis Euphoria (Hydropool 720)
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 02:04:27 pm »
The Euphoria is a great hot tub.  I personally prefer the comfort of it over the V94, but that is just my opinion.  You have a nicer exterior cabinet along with the abs floor on the Euphoria compared to a sheet of plastic stapled to the bottom of the frame on the V94.  5 year parts warranty vs 3 years (with the exception of the control panel being different, the spa pack, pumps, and heater are the same).  Full foam insulation, spa frog inline sanitation, and ozone are all standard on the Euphoria vs being optional on the V94.  LED lights are optional on both.  H.O.T. Zone therapy on the Euphoria for upper back/shoulders and whirlpool (I like the upper back/shoulders but could care less about the whirlpool). 

The Vector21 line is newer technology in terms of the jet system and diverter valves.  It's now been a year since I sold Marquis, but my guess is that the Vector's are their number one selling line.  I enjoyed the therapy in the V94 but I preferred the shell design in the Euphoria.  Do I think you could do wrong with either, no.  Me personally, I would spend the extra $3k, or whatever the difference and get the Euphoria and my reasons would be the upper back/shoulder H.O.T. Zone, the overall layout (I really liked the shallower corner seats, fit/finish, the longer warranty and cabinet/bottom pan.  My philosophy when I buy something that is if I can afford the best, I will pay for it, especially with something I am planning on owning for 15+ years.

Ultimately, it should come down to what tub fits you better and feels better to you. 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 02:20:01 pm »
Is "newer technology" just a buzzword change instead of saying "newer design" because I wonder what the technological breakthroughs are.

I'm not at all a fan of the squarish look of most everything on the Vector spas versus the Signature Series but since its not going in may back yard in the end the poster just needs to wet test each spa in question and see which he/she prefers.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

castletonia

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 02:50:23 pm »
Is "newer technology" just a buzzword change instead of saying "newer design" because I wonder what the technological breakthroughs are.

I'm not at all a fan of the squarish look of most everything on the Vector spas versus the Signature Series but since its not going in may back yard in the end the poster just needs to wet test each spa in question and see which he/she prefers.

"Newer Design" with the look and function of the jets and the way that the V3 diverter valves regulate water flow.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 02:54:31 pm »
Does the Vector series have the HK jets?
Retired

castletonia

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 05:42:10 pm »
No HK40 jets.

RDSTU

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 11:09:07 pm »
@castletonia thx for the feedback.  I went and did a wet test today {Euphoria & Vector 94}  and did so back to back.  I'm only 5ft 7 and the Euphoria in the deepest seat was up to chin.  Dealer said he just topped up the tubs so it had an inch too much water.

Seemed to not sit as deep in the deepest seat in the vector. Although I did like the feeling of the seats in the euphoria.  Said i could get away with a booster and enjoy.

Just reading on this forum and looking for any feedback on the Jacuzzi j 365.  May look at doing a wet test in one of these this week.  Any thoughts on this tub, from reading looks like the depth of the "deepest" seat may sit a little higher than the Euphoria.

Thoughts on this model?  Build, reliability etc

MarKee

Re: Marquis Vector 21 v94 or Marquis Euphoria (Jacuzzi j 365)
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2018, 03:03:02 am »
The Jacuzzi has less insulation and made in Mexico vs US if that matters. They’re a harder company to deal with from what I’ve heard from people that sell both brands.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2018, 05:47:33 am »
The Jacuzzi has less insulation and made in Mexico vs US if that matters. They’re a harder company to deal with from what I’ve heard from people that sell both brands.

But, Jacuzzi makes a quality product that has a unique feel.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2018, 01:14:04 pm »

But, Jacuzzi makes a quality product that has a unique feel.

have you seen a newer one lately?  I used to think they made a very nice tub. They seem to be cutting lots of corners these days. I have friends that sell them and factory support has gotten very poor over the years. Still think they make a decent tub, I just think they are living off there name a little more these days

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2018, 01:14:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42