What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Control Panel not Working  (Read 7337 times)

pjjp21

• We Love our Emerald!!
Control Panel not Working
« on: August 25, 2004, 12:47:24 pm »
i changed the water in my Emerald 599E yesterday, turned the power on and found the control panel unresponsive.  the lights come when the power is turned on and i cannot turn them off, nor can i raise or lower temp, turn on pumps...etc
it is under warranty and i have to call tomorrow, but jsut wondering if there are any ideas out there

thanks,
john

Hot Tub Forum

Control Panel not Working
« on: August 25, 2004, 12:47:24 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Control Panel not Working
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 12:56:42 pm »
Have you tried turning the power back off again for about 30 seconds and powering it back up again?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

pjjp21

• We Love our Emerald!!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 12:58:18 pm »
I had the power turned off all night, went out first thing this morning with the same results

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 01:06:04 pm »
Depends upon how handy you are but, you can open the control box up and unplug the connection (should look like a phone jack), blow it out and replug. You can also do this to the control panel if you can reach. I would call the dealer and OK it with them first but sometimes you get moisture in the connection and it will do that. The other thing that happens is the wires on the connection get pulled out a bit and not all of them are making contact. Look at them and see if that is the case. It sounds like you have a buttons stuck down on the control panel though and then the entire topside would have to be replaced.

I'm not sure if Emerald uses Gecko but they had a run of topsides that did this same thing in the last year. Some of them got moisture in the control and made constant contact. One of the main symptoms for this was you could hold down the temp set button and it would turn up then go back down to the lowest setting when you released it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 01:09:09 pm by stuart »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 01:06:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42