What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: EZ Pads  (Read 7681 times)

kevinb1333

EZ Pads
« on: January 22, 2018, 05:31:59 pm »
Anyone have opinions on EZ Pads or Handi Pads? So many different names for them. I知 considering using one from the dealer I知 buying my Caldera from to put the spa on top of.

Hot Tub Forum

EZ Pads
« on: January 22, 2018, 05:31:59 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: EZ Pads
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 05:51:06 pm »
Anyone have opinions on EZ Pads or Handi Pads? So many different names for them. I知 considering using one from the dealer I知 buying my Caldera from to put the spa on top of.

What size spa?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

flipflopper

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 11:24:13 am »
I'm not the world's expert on EZ Pads by any means. I hope someone else can give you a broader, more informed perspective.

But when I bought my used tub from a private owner, it was sitting on EZ Pads. They were sitting properly on a sand foundation and it looks like the previous owners did a reasonable job to get it set up. But the pads had more or less sunk downwards towards the center of the tub so it was supported mostly from the perimeter.

The company that did the move for me told me they do not recommend EZ Pads for a permanent installation as the tub acts as a giant compactor that vibrates on it (due to the pumps running) and that the vibration causes shifting of the pads up and down.

I was going to reuse the pads for my own installation until I saw how the installation of the pads held up after three years. The Pads themselves held up pretty good besides letting water into the inside of the plastic (I sold all six off on Craigslist for $100) but decided to put down concrete.

Sam

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 05:07:18 pm »
Ez pads work great if the ground is reasonably flat and stable underneath.  I'm personally a fan of a gravel box in instances where you would use an ez pad.  It's inexpensive, easy and has built in drainage.  Basically, make a frame from 2x4's or 2x6's, fill between with 3/4" to 1" crushed rock (or road base) and put the spa on top. 

kevinb1333

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 05:32:07 pm »

What size spa?

It is a Caldera Marino Spa which is 7x7

kevinb1333

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 05:33:55 pm »
Thanks for the input you all! I think I知 going to go with the pad from the Caldera dealer and use that this year and I値l get a concrete pad poured in the fall of this year or spring of next. Just trying to stay within budget and I致e seen Pretty positive reviews on these Pads.

jamiho

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 04:32:18 pm »
My newish tub is on an Ez Pad and so far so good.  We actually did a gravel box/Ezpad combo.  We dug out a small level trench in a square 8'2", then put in treated outdoor wood, attached at the corners and staked it for stability. Then we put down landscaping cloth and about 15 50# bags of pea gravel to get a level surface.  Then we put the Ezpad on top of that and adjusted for leveling.  We chose this route so we didn't have to dig out too much for the gravel, but still have as level of a foundation as we could.  So far no problem.  We plan to check with a level intermittently. 

Also, fyi, when I did my research on this is seemed that EzPads were more recommended than the Handipads. 

JacuzziJack

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 07:08:16 pm »
Should work fine. When I bought an 8'x8' HT 'used' from a guy, they had them under the tub over sand. Looked like it was reasonably well leveled off when it was installed. Anyway, I intended to do packed gravel, but as I got going, I decided to give them a try and so far so good. Mine are not the 4x size, mine are 2'x4' I believe ...although I didn't measure them. Water can drain between mine but they also keep the weeds and rodents out too.

Good luck.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 07:08:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42