What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Upgrading/Updating Jets in an Older Spa?  (Read 1702 times)

Coach Steve

Upgrading/Updating Jets in an Older Spa?
« on: January 27, 2018, 12:06:14 pm »
I have a tub built by Phoenix Spas sometime around 2000. It was given to me by a customer who was moving and didn't want to take it with them. It's in remarkably good shape and works flawlessly. The jets are outdated and relatively boring as they are all the same style with a ball in the center that can be directed where you want the water to go. Since Phoenix Spas didn't manufacture their own proprietary jets used in their tubs, I'm hopeful I can find out the mfr. and also to what extent they can be upgraded based on size, collar, thread pattern, etc.
So, tell me what you need to help identify the jets (numbers, pics, etc.,) and I will reply with that info. It would be nice to add some pizzazz to this old tub by upgrading some of the jets to ones that do something more than simply deliver water/air through a hole. Yawn....  ;)

Thanks for your time!

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

Upgrading/Updating Jets in an Older Spa?
« on: January 27, 2018, 12:06:14 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Upgrading/Updating Jets in an Older Spa?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 01:14:34 pm »
Good chance they are waterway jets.   Just google that and see if the are the same as yours, there are a lot of different styles.   The big thing is, which ever you pick they have to fit into the jet fitting in the shell.   So you have to match up the diameter and the back of the jet you want to replace.   After all that, they should snap back in.    Still confused try and post pictures of the current jets you have. 

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Upgrading/Updating Jets in an Older Spa?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 01:14:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42