What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coldest day In tub yet!  (Read 3805 times)

Livefast

Coldest day In tub yet!
« on: December 31, 2017, 01:24:47 am »
First few months we have owned our hot tub. Temp dropped down to -37c tonight. Can't believe the heater kept up. Was out there for around an hour and it held it at 103f. What's the coldest temp you've been in your hottub? Don't know how to attach pic, took pic of thermometer before we went out

Hot Tub Forum

Coldest day In tub yet!
« on: December 31, 2017, 01:24:47 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Coldest day In tub yet!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 12:07:54 pm »
First few months we have owned our hot tub. Temp dropped down to -37c tonight. Can't believe the heater kept up. Was out there for around an hour and it held it at 103f. What's the coldest temp you've been in your hottub? Don't know how to attach pic, took pic of thermometer before we went out

Soaked in -30F but find anything under about 0F not as pleasant as 10-20 above. Wear a stocking cap.
Retired

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 12:24:10 pm »
We went out in –30f before just to say we did it. Warm cap as suggested above is a must and sidewalls up around tub as wind breaks at least a couple feet above tub help. Zero f is our practical limit and anything in the 20’s or 30’s f is great. Last night we hit –5f and we both thought about it and then said no.

Livefast

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 02:20:00 pm »

bud16415

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 05:30:52 pm »
Here is a pic of the tub and the temp we went out there in!

https://cp.sync.com/dl/d415db9d0/9x58bwm7-xph6x72u-8ak5iv8n-qrs6sq9q

https://cp.sync.com/dl/de704f910/uxpp8yeb-f34cq6mh-r9uaeax9-crskh5vb

Your cold weather tub setup looks like ours only we have 120 inches of snow on the ground for making snow angles when we get out.   :-\

Livefast

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 06:36:35 pm »
Here is a pic of the tub and the temp we went out there in!

https://cp.sync.com/dl/d415db9d0/9x58bwm7-xph6x72u-8ak5iv8n-qrs6sq9q

https://cp.sync.com/dl/de704f910/uxpp8yeb-f34cq6mh-r9uaeax9-crskh5vb

Your cold weather tub setup looks like ours only we have 120 inches of snow on the ground for making snow angles when we get out.   :-\

That would be sweet!!! Built a towel warmer now for those cold nights! Works great. Have a plugin that i can turn on from inside to turn the heater on before we go out so the box is nice and warm! Keeps towel toasty

https://cp.sync.com/dl/a8d536280/rhkregvq-sx8ti8dw-rg5w3atn-wfhput54

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 10:13:05 am »
As mentioned in my other thread -17C is my coldest.  On that night there was absolutely no wind, so the air right around head level stayed comfortable and I was out in the tub for a good 30 minutes in a perfect quiet. (rare for my neighborhood. ) My tub was set to 41.1 C, it dropped to 40C by the time I got out.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 10:47:32 am »
As mentioned in my other thread -17C is my coldest.  On that night there was absolutely no wind, so the air right around head level stayed comfortable and I was out in the tub for a good 30 minutes in a perfect quiet. (rare for my neighborhood. ) My tub was set to 41.1 C, it dropped to 40C by the time I got out.

I thought you live in Ohio not Canada or do they rebel and use the Celsius scale there?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 12:35:51 pm »

I thought you live in Ohio not Canada or do they rebel and use the Celsius scale there?

I did it just for the convenience of the original poster.   I am fluent in Metric, but hate Celsius.  I do have a friend in Southern Australia and we are always comparing weather.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 02:11:42 pm »

I did it just for the convenience of the original poster.   I am fluent in Metric, but hate Celsius.  I do have a friend in Southern Australia and we are always comparing weather.

Aha, I personally use the Kelvin scale but convert to Fahrenheit here for simplicity.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Beck0101

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 03:33:38 pm »
You guys are nuts.  My tub is about 18' from the house.  Just about anything in the single digits F and colder is too cold to get out, close the tub and get inside without freezing your arse off post-soak.

If I had a BAC above .10 perhaps I'd do it.  But in a more sober state single digits is COLD.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 04:16:02 pm »
You guys are nuts.  My tub is about 18' from the house.  Just about anything in the single digits F and colder is too cold to get out, close the tub and get inside without freezing your arse off post-soak.

If I had a BAC above .10 perhaps I'd do it.  But in a more sober state single digits is COLD.

Actually it is the opposite, getting in is the harder part. As the water brings your core up getting out can be refreshing and almost naked, or naked, snow angels make us younger.
Retired

Livefast

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2018, 09:30:38 pm »

Actually it is the opposite, getting in is the harder part. As the water brings your core up getting out can be refreshing and almost naked, or naked, snow angels make us younger.

Yup i agree!! Getting out is the refreshing part! My tub is about 30 feet from the door.  At least its all the way on wood deck. 

Beck0101

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2018, 12:18:42 pm »

Yup i agree!! Getting out is the refreshing part! My tub is about 30 feet from the door.  At least its all the way on wood deck.

Man...maybe I need to stay in longer.  I hate getting out when it's that cold!  Getting in doesn't bother me at all since I'm dry.

I still think you guys are a little bit nuts.  ha.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2018, 03:22:41 pm »
I still think you guys are a little bit nuts.  ha.

I'm kidding. Snow angels during tubbing tingle all over. Almost hurts.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2018, 03:22:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42