What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cleaning filters...  (Read 2341 times)

Gale

Cleaning filters...
« on: December 15, 2017, 01:31:15 pm »
Honestly, I've read so much I think I'm losing my mind and now I'm just confused. What is the best way to clean your hot tub filter??? What do you find works the best for you? Would love to hear it from the experts  :)

Hot Tub Forum

Cleaning filters...
« on: December 15, 2017, 01:31:15 pm »

bradleyabell

Re: Cleaning filters...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 02:56:14 pm »
Honestly, I've read so much I think I'm losing my mind and now I'm just confused. What is the best way to clean your hot tub filter??? What do you find works the best for you? Would love to hear it from the experts  :)

Are you referring to the regular weekly cleanings or a deep clean?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 05:46:57 pm »

A spray nozzle on a garden hose for your regular weekly/biweekly cleanings. A soak overnight in filter cleaner and then a rinse for your monthly/every other month cleaning. Some people find the dishwasher to work good also.
Retired

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 10:14:11 am »
I have a mixer valve before my hose out on the hot tub deck. So inside the house I can select hot cold or anything in between. My hose I use I have what they call a jet sprayer nozzle on the end. All it is just a small concentrated blast. I have tried every temp of water and without a doubt full hot works the best. When you think about it the stuff that builds up on the filter is normally a oily / waxy substance and what cuts that better than heat. Where cold water just makes it clump up.

I haven’t tried the dishwasher but know others that do and they tell me don’t use dishwasher soap and get it out before the heated dry starts.

I have had my filter going a really long time and only did the soak thing once and didn’t notice it working any better than the real hot water alone.     

Gale

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 02:04:51 pm »
I suppose I mean a deep clean, want to know what the best product to use is.... Vinegar? this tsp stuff or cascade, don't have a dish washer, but I do have a bucket :-) I'm thinking I want to try to get some possible calcium build up off? My filter always looks so clean when I take it out, hardly anything in it, it's only 2 of us using it once or twice a week. PH and Alk, is good but my calcium always seems high, not sure what to do about it but thinking I may have calcium or mineral build up on filter and I can't see it?

bud16415

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 10:46:24 pm »
If it is building up on your filters it is building up on everything in your tub. Are you worried about the rest of the tub? Does the inside surface feel like sandpaper?

I think you are worried about nothing. Take your filter to the dealer and ask them if they think it is calcium build up.   

bradleyabell

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 10:39:07 am »
I suppose I mean a deep clean, want to know what the best product to use is.... Vinegar? this tsp stuff or cascade, don't have a dish washer, but I do have a bucket :-) I'm thinking I want to try to get some possible calcium build up off? My filter always looks so clean when I take it out, hardly anything in it, it's only 2 of us using it once or twice a week. PH and Alk, is good but my calcium always seems high, not sure what to do about it but thinking I may have calcium or mineral build up on filter and I can't see it?

Go buy a good filter cleaner that you mix with water.  This is what I use:
https://hot-tub-supplies.spadepot.com/search#w=filter%20clean

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 12:40:40 pm »
I will just add that if you use a bottle of any kind of filter cleaner, make sure rinse thoroughly as that stuff causes foaming issues if not thoroughly rinsed off.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 12:40:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42