What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa frog???  (Read 3696 times)

kztahoe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Spa frog???
« on: August 23, 2004, 01:11:31 pm »
Well here I am again beckoning any and all opinions out there. On my last post I forgot one of my most important ?'s. Is anyone familiar with the spa frog maintenence gadget on the Marquis. Does this really work or is it all a marketing technique???????? Also we are comparing the Euphoria with the Vanguard. one has one pump and one has two. We are seeking a very high therapy unit. Will the two pump be better or does it really matter. Also there is a big difference in the seating, one is more bench type and the other more molded and sculpted, pros and cons to this???? I hope someone can address any or all of my concerns, I really appreciate the feedback from this great site. Thanks and will let everyone know what I decided if I don't go crazy first. seeya

kay

Hot Tub Forum

Spa frog???
« on: August 23, 2004, 01:11:31 pm »

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Re: Spa frog???
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 01:47:51 pm »
We are also interested in maybe using the Spa Frog as we can't use Nature2 with bromine.  I would be interested in any Spa Frog usage feedback with bromine as well...  Thx
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 02:05:15 pm »
It simply works well....the only thing you need to watch is that if you have some extra heavy use....like a party  have some granulated bromine on hand on add a teaspoon.....the spa frog feeder is set for your average use and you will deplete your base with extra heavy use and the feeder will have trouble keeping up......other than that most of the time you shock once or twice a week, again depending on use and for the most part that is all you need to do....change the bromine cartridge about 1 a month and the mineral about every 4 when you change the water and you should be fine in most cases.....

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 02:46:44 pm »
The spa frog inline system on the Marquis works great.
Set it for what would be normal use for you and as Mendincino suggested, with heavier use, just add a small amount of bromine granular.  A very simple, convenient system.  

The 2 pump system on the Euphoria will allow you the opportunity for all back jets working simaltaneously.  Important when you have more than 2 people in the spa.

You will also enjoy the wall of jets below the filters!!!

Molded seating tends to be more comfortable.
test soaking will be help you to determine which will be ythe best for you.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 03:03:27 pm »
I have used the Spa Frog and Nature2 along with dichlor with identical results.  Good results with both.  A friend of mine has been using the frog with his bromine tub and swears by it.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 05:10:47 pm »
kztahoe, everyone's preference (==personal opinion) will vary. You have to wet test the tubs to answer your questions regarding the Euphoria and Vanguard differences.

Two pumps versus one tends to give more control over the water flow throughout the tub. One nice thing about the Euphoria is that both pumps are 2 speed; there is something to be said about low "jet power" therapy... especially considering the Euphoria's whirlpool action.
e

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 05:10:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42