What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Circulation Pump Issues  (Read 1696 times)

ShadowAries1

Circulation Pump Issues
« on: December 10, 2017, 01:56:31 am »
My hot tub is having problems with the circulation pump. I got the tub 2nd hand, and nothing is really the same brand, a lot of it looks like someone was in there, and cannibalized it. The tub has 2 3HP pumps, one is the circulation pump, and another is just for jets. Anyway my circulation pump wont turn on on the low setting. If i shut the tub off by the GFCI breaker that on the side of the house, and then turn it back on you can see torque applied to the shaft, and you can hear the pump try to spin up, but it won't. As soon as i hit the flow button on the control panel to switch the pump into the high setting it turns on, and spins up, and water flows. Now if i turn it back to the low setting after getting it to spin up it works fine, and kinda sounds like it may be labouring. As soon as the pump shuts off though it can't turn back on unless you switch it to the high setting. The pump has already been pulled once, and cleaned, and the shaft spins nice, and freely if i spin it with a screwdriver from the exposed end. Pulling the pump tomorrow to disassemble, and see if either A the impeller is clogged up, B the Start/Run Capacitors are bad, or C something in the pump assembly is just messed up. Any input would be greatly appreciated especially info on diagnostic once the pump is out, and disassembled. Ill include two pictures of the stickers on the pump.

https://imgur.com/a/F3Gu4

Hot Tub Forum

Circulation Pump Issues
« on: December 10, 2017, 01:56:31 am »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Circulation Pump Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 02:44:36 pm »
You sure that's a Circ Pump and not just a 2 pump tub?  Pump one would have a low speed and a high speed setting

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Circulation Pump Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 02:44:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42