What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sunset spas  (Read 3752 times)

hbcpa

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Sunset spas
« on: August 21, 2004, 11:58:22 am »
Does anyone have experience with sunset spas. The company makes the shells and the local dealer customizes it and installs the plumbing, jets etc. The warranty on the shell is 7 years and the plumbing. pumps etc is 5 years. The first year is 100% and the next 4 years is 50%. We are considering this because it can be customized with waterfalls, benches etc. we have wet tested this and a Jacuzzi J365. Found the J365 more comfortable and better jets, but wife likes  the  bells and whistles.

Any comments would be appreciated

Hot Tub Forum

Sunset spas
« on: August 21, 2004, 11:58:22 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Sunset spas
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 02:28:54 pm »
go get your wife a bell and a whistle and be wise and buy yourself a well made and as important well backed hot tub.....the bells and whistles might be nice...but in the long run will not be as satisfying as a well made comfortable spa.....pro rated warranty’s are not a good thing

hbcpa

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 11:07:21 am »
Thanks for your response. Any ideas on how to add bells and whistles to the jacuzzi. Is there anything that can be built around it. I have checked with jacuzzi and i coudn't add a waterfall because i would have to drill into the shell to recirculate the water and this would void the warranty.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 12:34:36 pm »
why not simply get a portable water feature that you can plug in near the spa and enjoy 24 hours a day instead of the water fall in the spa that only has an effect when your cover is off.....

NittroT

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 12:59:33 pm »
The Jacuzzi j365 has a built in waterfall feature

hbcpa

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 01:15:08 pm »
I know it has the built in waterfall. My wife is not impressed by it

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 03:08:00 pm »
Predominately, companies that buy a shell and build their own spas usually do a very poor job.  They don't have the benefit of educated engineers, take short cuts, use cheaper components, etc.  NO VALUE for the money your are spending.  Also, I usually see them prorate their warranties and have heavy fine print protecting them, not you.

Buy from a reputable manufacturer and save in thelong run.  there are a few compnaies that rated spas to help you determine who is doing a better job-consumers Digest and Spa Search

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 03:08:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42