What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Insurnace coverage  (Read 3316 times)

countryboy

• soak it in cider
Insurnace coverage
« on: August 23, 2004, 10:10:56 am »
Has anyone dealt with there medical insurance for full or partial payment of a hot tub for hydro therepy?

How about tax deductions for medical usage?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 10:48:44 am by countryboy »

Hot Tub Forum

Insurnace coverage
« on: August 23, 2004, 10:10:56 am »

Chris_H

Re: Insurnace coverage
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 10:50:46 am »
Yes, I have sold many spas to customers that have had some government agency pay for their spa.  All were in wheelchairs and had a disability.  Unfortunately, the government will not fork over 5K plus for someone with arthritis.  

countryboy

• soak it in cider
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 11:06:54 am »
I'm not thinking Government, I'm thinking my private heath care carrier. Or if I pay the full shot is it tax deductible even?

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 12:05:36 pm »
If you are in FL, a prescription from your M.D. will save you FL sales tax on the spa package....
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 01:29:18 pm »
Check the details of your health insuarnce policy to see what, if anything, they'd cover.  Look under durable medical equipment coverage.  Your doctor's office should have someone who could check with your health insurance provider to see if they'd cover anything.  Don't be suprised if the insurance compays squawks about this, though.

If your doctor gives you a perscription or otherwise orders this as medically necessary for you, it may be deductible on your Federal income tax form as a medical expense, but only the portion that wasn't covered by insurance.    

Consulting a tax advisor prior to the purchase would probably be a good idea.

Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 01:29:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42