What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Fallout from Charley - no spa!  (Read 3109 times)

FLspa

Fallout from Charley - no spa!
« on: August 22, 2004, 08:08:51 pm »
So here we are . . . 9 days after Charley and 3 days since we got our power and water restored. After all we went through - the heat, the humidity, the mosquitoes, the downed trees, no gas for the cars or generator, the worst part is that our spa delivery has now been pushed back yet another week! I spoke to our dealer, and while our spa is now ready at the factory, the dealer couldn't open this week or accept any delivery trucks from the dealer because of damage they sustained. So now we're scheduled for delivery next Friday, and I won't even be here to enjoy it because I've got to go out of town! After all my shopping and obsessing over the spa purchase, it looks like my husband and kids will get the first soak. That figures!

In all seriousness, we're just thankful that we made it through Charley without injury. (Although after cutting and moving 5 big oak trees, a nice soak in a new spa sure would've felt good!)

Hot Tub Forum

Fallout from Charley - no spa!
« on: August 22, 2004, 08:08:51 pm »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Fallout from Charley - no spa!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 08:22:04 pm »
Thank goodness you and yours are safe and sound--that's a LOT for which to be thankful.  So glad to hear you have the most of it behind you.  Best to you with lots of patience.
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 11:44:45 pm »
Thank goodness you and yours are safe and sound--that's a LOT for which to be thankful.  So glad to hear you have the most of it behind you.  Best to you with lots of patience.
 8)

Its good to hear you're still in a position to even CONSIDER a spa. Hang in there.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

autoplay

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 10:42:23 am »
Where you live?  My wife and I went to North port bout an hour after it hit. Looked like Toledo blade was the borderline as far as where the destruction took place.

We saw a few Pool cages down......and lots of pine trees down.

Be grateful you have a house to return to,and harbor a spa :)

FLspa

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 11:35:35 am »
Thanks for the well wishes. You're all absolutely right - we're very grateful that we have our health and our home! We live in a suburb of Orlando and were hit pretty hard. It's still a mess here, but not nearly as bad as it is in Punta Gorda. Those poor people down there really bore the brunt of the storm.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 11:35:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42