What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help: Problems with Cover Saver  (Read 3879 times)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Help: Problems with Cover Saver
« on: August 21, 2004, 09:44:55 am »
So...  We've had our new Optima for about a week and I installed the cover saver just after the hot tub was installed.  

(I was having some problems getting the pics posted so if you can's see them you can go to this page...  http://community.webshots.com/album/177664841qRxkis)

I've got 2 problems:

1.  The cover saver seems to be causing wear on the edge of the cover in the spot that comes down onto the 'T' when you open the cover.  See the pics below.  Any idea how to avoid this?  I would think that this would cause some serious damage to the cover if it is left on for a long period of time.  This has only been 1 week.

Problem 2:

The cover saver doesn't seem to do what it's supposed to.  When the cover is in it's open position it doesn't rest on the 'T's properly and it appears that all the weight of the cover is still on the bar.  I've tightened the straps as tight as I can get them but no luck.  I also can't move the bar closer to the side so that it's not right in the center of the cover as there's a part of the lifter that actually slides into the cover so that it's centered properly.  See the pics below.

Any ideas on how to solve these 2 issues?  Or is this product designed for covers that have either had their seam stretched and are already saturated with water and weigh enough to rest on the 'T'?  Even if that's the case how do you avoide the wear on the spot where the cover comes down on the 'T'?  

Thanks,

Ken
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Help: Problems with Cover Saver
« on: August 21, 2004, 09:44:55 am »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Help: Problems with Cover Saver
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 10:36:55 am »
Hi Ken,
The Cover Saver moves with the cover itself so if it's installed properly, there's no possibility of wear at all. Your pictures didn't work but if you want to send me an e-mail with them, please do.

If your cover is still resting on the bar, this tells me it isn't installed correctly.

I'll wait to hear from you.

Steve

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 11:12:42 am »
Steve,

You can get to the pictures here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/177664841qRxkis

Thanks,

Ken
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 09:10:47 am »
bulmer,
It appears that the crossbar needs to be adjusted away from the hinge about an inch or so.  This will allow the Saver to hold the entire weight of the cover.  Once properly adjusted, you should be able to look "inside" of the hinge when the cover is open and clearly see space between the hinge and the crossbar.  As soon as I can run the kids out of the tub, I'll inspect my cover at the places you show wear and report back to you.
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2004, 09:26:57 am »
This is not my area of expertise -
but that's never stopped me before....  ;)

It looks like having the T Saddle ride at the same place as the web strap is asking for trouble. Can you simply slide the strap and saddle away from those web straps?
??? ???

I can't see any way to take up more slack to get more weight on the saddles. You're right: with the design your lift has you can't very well set the straps any tighter, nor can you move the bar.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 09:30:28 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2004, 08:50:28 pm »
bulmer,
I looked at my cover and found no signs of wear as you have.  My saver has been installed for 2 weeks.  Let me know if I can help more.....
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 04:10:12 am »
This product is working well for me with the particular Cover Bar design I have.  My Cover hinge is now well above the cover lifter bar, so there is no stress on the hinge or stitching and no signs of any wear.

You may require some adjustment.  

Regards Zz
« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 04:22:36 am by ZzTop »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 04:10:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42