What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Freestyle Spas, Inc  (Read 6086 times)

spaman1947

Freestyle Spas, Inc
« on: December 11, 2012, 02:59:24 pm »
I have some warranty issues I wanted to resolve on my Freestyle Spa. The company was located in Florida. I did a lengthy websearch and found nothing. I think they are history, leaving me with a worthless 5 yr warranty. Sucks/.  >:(

Anyone have a clue/link where I can locate this company?
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Freestyle Spas, Inc
« on: December 11, 2012, 02:59:24 pm »

castletonia

Re: Freestyle Spas, Inc
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 03:28:35 pm »
It depends on who made the spa.  Originally, Freestyle was made by Tatum Mfg., who is long gone and unfortunately means your warranty is also gone.

If the spa was from 2010 or newer, then they were made by Leisure Mfg.  who is the parent company to Sunrise.  If this is the case, you would need to call Sunrise @ 905-309-1800. 

spaman1947

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 04:40:37 pm »
Thanks Castletonia! I will give them a shout. Mine is a 2011 Freestyle, not sure of manufacturer, maybe I can find under the shell.

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 06:54:54 pm »
2011 would be from Leisure Mfg / Sunrise.  The facility in Florida where they were made I believe is now where Dreammaker is made, as they are now owned by Leisure Mfg.  Freestyle was moved up to Canada and is now made in the same facility that makes the Sunrise's. 

Is your dealer out of business?  If not, they should be the one handling warranty issues, not you. What model Freestyle do you have and what problems are you having?  I was a Freestyle dealer, so I will do my best to help where I can.

spaman1947

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 12:23:20 pm »
Hi Castletonia, so here is an overview. My local dealer tells me he just won his court suit which alledged he owed money to the Florida company out of Clearwater(no current website  or phone # I could find...?). So he says he should be receiving payment for all the warranty work he did the past two years out of pocket. Apparently the fellow he was purchasing the hot tubs from in this region had a huge bill to the Florida group for non payment on several tubs. So my guy says he paid this dude for all his dealing, that the other fellow is totally responsible for this mess. Local company is Scenic Pools and Spas, dont know the other guy's company name.

I contacted Sunrise, they seem willing to take a look at my photos, discuss options. Maybe I hav none if my Scenic is a nonrecognized dealer? We'll see. I tried to attach photos here of my issue but cant figure out how to do it. If you woule like I can send direct to your email?

I am on my 2nd recirc pump, this one on its 3 capacitor. Tub is a great unit, just these two issues: pump failures(2 to capacitors failing), panel delamination. Thanks for your thoughts!

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 12:33:52 pm »
When you say recirc pump, do you mean 24 hour circulation pump or pump #1?  If it is pump number one, what brand of pump is in there?  The original pumps Freestyle used were kind off goofy looking pumps made in Italy, I think.  If those are still there, have Sunrise or your dealer replace them with Waterway Executives, which Sunrise uses.  We have done that on a handful of the Freestyle's we sold, and have not had a pump issue since. 

What exactly do you mean when you say panel delamination?  I have yet to see that. 

spaman1947

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 02:55:07 pm »
OK, after years of silence I must report back that my Freestyle model 255, overall mechanically, has given good service over the 6yrs ownership. Downsides, total panel delamination/failure. I am designing my own DIY panels which will handle better the intense southern AZ heat. I would be most interested hearing from other spa owners that have cabinets made of whatever resin product is typically used. On mine, the 1/8 inch resin tongue and grove separated from the styrofoam backing-   glue did not hold up to the intense heat i suspect.
Other issues include replacing the small 1/8th HP recycle pump----but since it is continuous service I dont think that is unusual. On my 3rd pump in 6 yrs. Acceptable.
The adjustable jets have either stuck or popped out several times. I guess that is another normal failure. Acceptable.
Foam cover shot after 6yrs in our ripping sunshine. Acceptable i guess.

The big motors and other equipment all good. Balboa VS series controller still working. Audio system still working altho I found their design lacking in that they made the indent box way too small for todays iPhones, etc.

Oh, and the "Stone insulation" may have been popular when it came out but the way it was packaged in thin green plastic has not held up. The plastic falls apart allowing any moisture to be drawn to the "inert" material and it Does Soak Up Water, dont be mislead by info otherwise. So I will be figuring out how to re-insulate with other source materials.

Sorry so long in getting back. Hope this helps. I will be looking to the Sunrise Spa folks for replacement parts.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 02:55:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42