What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: another advise question  (Read 11367 times)

D69stang

Re: another advise question
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 02:54:49 pm »
So, looks like I am expanding the budget.  Sort of narrowed it down to the following. would love comments feedback on what people think, if any I should avoid, etc.

D1 Amore Bay
Jacuzzi J495
Caldera Cantabria
Marquis V94L

Thoughts / feedback / etc very much welcome.  Hoping to go test a few this weekend, but testing new and having a year old clunker is what I am worried about...

Thanks in advance.

A lot of personal preference here and obviously you'll narrow it down quickly after wet testing but on paper imho Caldera > D1 > Marquis > Jacuzzi when taking into account the specific models you are looking at, to give Marquis a fair shake I would look at models within their Signature series while you are shopping them, do you have a Bullfrog dealer near? an A8D/A8L/R8L (if you want a lounge or loungers in case of the A8D) would be some other good units I would def. throw into the mix and wet test if possible....Good Luck!

Saw bullfrog early one and honestly I wasn't blown away.  though the removable seat things was sort of gimmicky and just another thing that could either break or build up slime / dirt.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 02:54:49 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 05:17:07 pm »
Went to Jacuzzi today.  Wife didn't like the 495.  She did like the J385 better (go figure).  was  quoted a price for the in stock one we sat in at $13,400.  I think that's a bit high for the store model.  Is with the usual lift / cover / install.  option for the fancier steps which the salesman said cost 600 more (included in the 13,400).  wasn't really expecting the j385 to be that high tho.  a 300 series.. Only option the demo had was the stereo.  Anyone comment on the price? I am in NY so I know we get charged premium on everything, but is this very high or is it me?
Gonna go check out D1 most likely later today or tomorrow.  If we like as much as the J385 then i will prob stop testing and start bidding on whichever one i think the better deal will be.

Long Island?  That price seems awfully high. Did you get prices on Cantabria or Vector 94?  If so I sell both those brands so I can help you pricewise on those. If the 300 Series was that much how much was the 400 Series from Jacuzzi?

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 05:41:22 pm »
Went to Jacuzzi today.  Wife didn't like the 495.  She did like the J385 better (go figure).  was  quoted a price for the in stock one we sat in at $13,400.  I think that's a bit high for the store model.  Is with the usual lift / cover / install.  option for the fancier steps which the salesman said cost 600 more (included in the 13,400).  wasn't really expecting the j385 to be that high tho.  a 300 series.. Only option the demo had was the stereo.  Anyone comment on the price? I am in NY so I know we get charged premium on everything, but is this very high or is it me?
Gonna go check out D1 most likely later today or tomorrow.  If we like as much as the J385 then i will prob stop testing and start bidding on whichever one i think the better deal will be.

that is quite high for that model but as you stated hot tub prices in New York are commonly higher then the rest of the country...if you like either that or D1 and are comfortable then you could certainly end the process but I think you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't test at least 1 or 2 other brands, just my opinion, good luck!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2017, 08:20:43 pm »

that is quite high for that model but as you stated hot tub prices in New York are commonly higher then the rest of the country...if you like either that or D1 and are comfortable then you could certainly end the process but I think you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't test at least 1 or 2 other brands, just my opinion, good luck!

I agree with BFSM you should throw a signature series Marquis in your mix also. HK jets are awesome.
Retired

castletonia

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2017, 10:24:26 am »
Try the Marquis Euphoria, its one of the best spas I have ever sat in.  It's also more comparable to the others you are looking at.  It's spacious, has good power, in my opinion much more comfortable than the Vector21 spas from Marquis, and as Tman122 said, the HK40 jets are really nice.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 12:40:45 pm »

Preferably you want to maybe wet test your top 3 or so but I'd add that you really should test them all the same weekend and preferably the same day.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 01:23:11 pm »
So, looks like I am expanding the budget.  Sort of narrowed it down to the following. would love comments feedback on what people think, if any I should avoid, etc.

D1 Amore Bay
Jacuzzi J495
Caldera Cantabria
Marquis V94L

Thoughts / feedback / etc very much welcome.  Hoping to go test a few this weekend, but testing new and having a year old clunker is what I am worried about...

Thanks in advance.

A lot of personal preference here and obviously you'll narrow it down quickly after wet testing but on paper imho Caldera > D1 > Marquis > Jacuzzi when taking into account the specific models you are looking at, to give Marquis a fair shake I would look at models within their Signature series while you are shopping them, do you have a Bullfrog dealer near? an A8D/A8L/R8L (if you want a lounge or loungers in case of the A8D) would be some other good units I would def. throw into the mix and wet test if possible....Good Luck!

Saw bullfrog early one and honestly I wasn't blown away.  though the removable seat things was sort of gimmicky and just another thing that could either break or build up slime / dirt.

LMAO so which sales guy fed you this line? Jacuzzi?.....good luck in your search

D69stang

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 11:46:41 am »
actually no one fed me that line.  was what I originally said to my wife when we walked out the door.  bullfrog was the second place we went to, after the place that sold masters (which honestly I liked until I read about how the quality isn't there long term, and not just from this forum but from a few people I know that have them.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 01:09:06 pm »
actually no one fed me that line.  was what I originally said to my wife when we walked out the door.  bullfrog was the second place we went to, after the place that sold masters (which honestly I liked until I read about how the quality isn't there long term, and not just from this forum but from a few people I know that have them.

Everyone here has their favorite couple brands they like to tout, almost always from a familiar list that get mentioned here regularly as top notch (Artesian, Arctic, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Marquis, Sundance...). If a customer for whatever reason isn't impressed with one of them that's fine because there are usually a few others in their area available. It may be tough for some to read who really like the brand they represent to see the reasons but in the end there is no "best" spa out there so it really shouldn't be much more than a shrug when you see someone has a less than stellar review but its just human nature to want to respond when you disagree with the reasoning behind the review but in the end, to each his own...!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 04:22:57 pm »

Everyone here has their favorite couple brands they like to tout, almost always from a familiar list that get mentioned here regularly as top notch (Artesian, Arctic, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Marquis, Sundance...). If a customer for whatever reason isn't impressed with one of them that's fine because there are usually a few others in their area available. It may be tough for some to read who really like the brand they represent to see the reasons but in the end there is no "best" spa out there so it really shouldn't be much more than a shrug when you see someone has a less than stellar review but its just human nature to want to respond when you disagree with the reasoning behind the review but in the end, to each his own...!

I've had the same opinion of BF than the OP mehhhhh gimmick. You will never change pacs. And it's easier to just change seats. The one advantage is the ability to put your favorite pac where you want it at the time of sale. But that requires you to like a particular pac better than the feel of a completely different brand. Which may not happen. And the down sides may not be worth it to you.

I get blasted for this opinion all the time from sales and owners. But I simply don't care.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2017, 05:28:32 pm »

D1 Amore Bay
Jacuzzi J495
Caldera Cantabria
Marquis V94L

Thanks in advance.

LMAO so which sales guy fed you this line? Jacuzzi?.....good luck in your search

I have customers say the same thing. I also have customers tell me they don’t like the brands I carrry. That is why the customer has a choice. What might be perfect for me or you someone else might hate. That’s why there are different options out there.

D69stang

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2017, 03:21:02 pm »
ok, so wife waffling now.  She does like the J495 (originally thought was too bid  but remeasured and thinks will fit fine).  was quoted 18,200 for it with some sort of special steps (nicer steps). cover, etc.   is that a good price?  is same place that quoted me the 13,400 for the 385.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2017, 05:28:39 pm »
ok, so wife waffling now.  She does like the J495 (originally thought was too bid  but remeasured and thinks will fit fine).  was quoted 18,200 for it with some sort of special steps (nicer steps). cover, etc.   is that a good price?  is same place that quoted me the 13,400 for the 385.

Are these US$?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2017, 08:40:22 pm »

Are these US$?

Think he’s on Long Island. To me those prices seem high, real high but I’ve heard some crazy prices in that part of New York before

D69stang

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2017, 09:15:22 am »
yes US$  and yes on Long Island NY.  and Yes I think high as well. trying to figure what fair price would be to offer.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2017, 09:15:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42