What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Baqua Spa Question  (Read 4421 times)

scout045

Baqua Spa Question
« on: August 18, 2004, 03:06:26 pm »
It seems to me that a lot of people don't like the Baqua Spa system. I was wondering why. I don't seem to have any major problems. I did have a problem with coughing when the air jets were fired up, but I remedied that with additional waterline control. My water has been very clear, and I like the ease of care, so why do so many hot tub owners have problems and change to Nature 2?. Should I consider this as well? Maybe there is something about Baqua Spa I don't know about.  Just curious.

Hot Tub Forum

Baqua Spa Question
« on: August 18, 2004, 03:06:26 pm »

bub b

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Baqua Spa Question
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 03:18:58 pm »
I switched to N2 from Baqua due to we had a swimming pool installed this summer.I'm using chlorine in the pool.The Baqua is not compatible with chlorine so I would not be able to use the spa and pool at the same time.It would have killed the tub :-/

But  now we can have a blast going from tub to pool and tub again ;D 8)

I just made the switch yesterday and the water looks great :D

RDF

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 02:48:11 pm »
Just some useless info for you. I am on my second year of a Baquacil pool and Dichlor-N2 hot tub.. Nothing but crystal clear water and no problems with chemistry..

bub b

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 10:24:13 am »
RDF

You might be able to get away with that using Baqua in pool[thousands of gallons of water] and dichlor in tub[500 gallons]but I would not what to try it the other way around.Why risk it.The chlorine level in the hot tub is alot lower than if you were using it in a pool.I found the dichlor [chlorine for the pool]is 98% while dichlor for the tub is 50%.That is just my opinion 8)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2004, 10:30:16 am by stevt87 »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 10:43:00 am »
Just some useless info for you. I am on my second year of a Baquacil pool and Dichlor-N2 hot tub.. Nothing but crystal clear water and no problems with chemistry..

I find that most of my customers are in your situation: they go with Baqua for various reasons, but the key is they either love it - as you seem to - or they have trouble and hate it.

Seems to be no middle ground.

ONE NOTE: I hesitate to type this, not wanting to start a raging dispute, but Baqua is shown to attach Polycarbonate plastics. That is what some makers have chosen to make light lenses out of. Other makers have used it for little parts like jet retainer clips or the nipples on LED lighting setups. These can get brittle and crack. I will say this: Older HotSpring tubs should not use Baqua because of the old-style light lens.

One last point: I have several customers who love Baqua enough that they have paid to have the old-style light lens upgraded to the new style so they can stay with Baqua.

Am I making any sense????
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 10:47:26 am »
Chas, you are right.  That is why Nordic tubs warn against using Baqua.  Older sta-rite pumps would do the same thing.  It would eat out the impeller.  Usually within a couple of months.  There really is no debate.  It is a known fact.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2004, 11:10:51 am »
Wow - I hadn't even thought of the impellor in the StaRite pumps.

Do you know if replacement impellors are made of the same stuff?

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2004, 12:33:12 pm »
I am not sure.  Usually what happens is a customer comes in, we replace the impeller and diffuser, seals, etc.. Works fine for about 3 months, customer comes in and wants to know why his pump failed so quickly.  After questioning, the customer says that he had recently switched to Baqua.  

As far as I know, they are still made of the same material.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2004, 12:42:59 pm »
Thanks for the info.
:'(

scout045

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2004, 02:09:08 am »
Okay. Well for now I'll stay with Baqua, because It seems to be working well for me. Thanks for the help!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2004, 02:45:41 pm »
With the risks associated Baqua do they out weigh the rewards enough to make the change....I have spoken to more people who tried it and were not happy with it...than those who are happy....

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2004, 10:58:24 pm »
In my area I can't quite figure out if more people are lovin' it or hatin' it.

A dealer in a nearby city stopped selling it (his tubs were having huge problems with parts failures on the LED lighting system) and I have had a real rush as his customers have begun driving over to my store.

Our other store (Newbury Park) took almost two years to pay off the first order with display case and signage package.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2004, 10:58:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42