What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Setback from fence  (Read 3421 times)

wannabeswede

Setback from fence
« on: August 20, 2004, 01:23:45 pm »
I know this is probably answered somewhere here but I can't find it.  I am pouring a slab for my hot tub and I wonder what the "general" rule is for the number of feet I need to be away from my fence (that separates my neighbors yard from mine)?

Tack (Swedish for Thanks),
Kevin

Hot Tub Forum

Setback from fence
« on: August 20, 2004, 01:23:45 pm »

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
Re: Setback from fence
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 03:43:48 pm »
I would think that would be a county/city ordinance thing..  but what I have read/seen 10 feet on the side yards seems to the norm?

Snuggles

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 03:48:52 pm »
I believe depending on local laws that this would vary from town to town. I live in a small village in Nassau, NY and the restrictions do vary quite a bit. If you could contact your local building inspector I'm sure he'd be able to steer you in the right direction. In my area I had to be a minimum of 48" clear from my property lines. While the next town over it's 60". Good Luck.  

UnderTheStars

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 05:57:33 pm »
Ttodd1 and Snuggles are on it.  Set-back varies by municipality.  Furthermore, it may vary by specifics of your property.  For example, in my town the set back is greater for a property line adjacent to an alley, utility easment, etc.  If none apply there is zero setback.

You can determine by phone, just call the inspectors office.

wannabeswede

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 06:18:20 pm »
Thanks for all the help, I called the building inspector and the answer is...no setback.  I asked him twice but he said no setback from fence separating me from my neighbor.

Thanks again,
Kevin
« Last Edit: August 20, 2004, 06:23:23 pm by wannabeswede »

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2004, 01:55:35 am »
This doesn't surprise me because in my area, unless it is a dug in permanent fixture, it's considered a portable appliance and needs no setback.

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2004, 11:21:47 pm »
What about easements? Any utilities within 10-15ft of the pad?  Again your county/city folks should have that.

r100rs

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2004, 11:21:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42