What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Opinion on Sundance Optima?  (Read 3101 times)

webber233

Opinion on Sundance Optima?
« on: August 20, 2004, 12:45:47 pm »
Well, we finally found a dealer that we like and he sells the Sundance/Sweetwater series of tubs. We are in Canada (Ontario). He has an Optima in the showroom that is loaded with everything...stereo/ozone/hydraulic cover lift etc...Just wondering what kind of price in Canadian dollars I should expect to pay for it...keep in mind that this is a showroom spa that he will let go for a little cheaper than if I ordered it. Also, do you think it's worth it to get it with the stereo? Are they truly waterproof and will they last a long time, or should I just run some speaker wire outside and get some outdoor speakers? Also, what is your opinion on the Sundance series of spas? From what I've seen they are among the top few manufacturers...am I correct?

Thanks,
Chris.

Hot Tub Forum

Opinion on Sundance Optima?
« on: August 20, 2004, 12:45:47 pm »

bub b

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Opinion on Sundance Optima?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 01:33:38 pm »
We have our Optima now for 4 years and love it ;D

I don't know how the stereo is because that feature wasn't available at that time.

GoodLuck!

bethshar

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 11:20:17 pm »
We've had our Optima for four days and we love it.  Lots of power, plenty of message for all at the same time.  Lots of adjustability.  LOVE the foot jets.  Dealer's been helpful.Water has been hot and clear.  

You can barely smell the aromatherapy scents, so don't let that sway you.  We didn't get the stereo.  My husband is in the home theatre business, so he'll set up his own sound system.

Good Luck 8)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2004, 08:38:34 am »
We've had ours for about 1 1/2 years, and are very happy with the spa.  Can't help you with the pricing thing, we don't live in Canada.  I did get the stereo, while it's a bit overpriced in my opinion, it works well and is very convenient.  
The stereo and speakers are marine grade, and seem to be of high enough quality.  Time will tell on reliability.
I'd order the stereo again if I had to do it over.  
Brewman
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 08:40:15 am by Brewman »
Brewman

Drifter

• Master Spa LS850 Owner!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004, 09:59:23 am »
Well just to give you another thought, I came down between the optima and a Master Spa. I ultimately choose the Master spa and here's why. For @8k I didn't like the idea that I'd have to "choose" between which seats got max power and which ones didn't. (Sundance uses "diverter" valves to move pressure from one seat to another) I thought what if I have people in all the seats? Shouldn't they all get power at the same time? I also wasn't sure if I wanted full foam or thermal pane so I went with a company that offered both and actually contacted the factory and spoke to them about the pros and cons of both. (They were the same price so I figured they'd have no axe to grind) Also the optima only had 2 pumps where's the Master spa I chose had 3. (Thus no diverter required) Lastly, it was clear that between Master Spa and Sundance, Sundance has more name recognition and you pay a little more of a preimum just for their name on the product. Therfore, if both Spas were the same price, I felt you were getting "more for your money" (in terms of quality) by buying the MAster Spa.  I should also mention that I liked the Master spa in the wet test slightly better! Sundance makes a good spa but I just wanted to add some  thoughts I had  before buying.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004, 09:59:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42