What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: master spa or artesian  (Read 10514 times)

justaguy

master spa or artesian
« on: October 07, 2017, 02:40:00 pm »
was curious if anyone knows anything about the website hot tub university...he says he likes both master and artesian ....I don't know jack about hot tubs and he seems to make sense when talking about master spa...my question is why does master get such a bad rap..is it really that good or bad...I wet tested a piper glen a couple of years ago and loved it but never went through with it because of all the conflicting info...wish I did because now its out of my price range here in Canada....its 20000 now,,,,exchange rate and the way they sell the elite line...the artesian dealer here in Ottawa Ontario Canada seems ok...anyone have info on them or any recent reviews on the grand cayman elite..i was looking at caldera niagra but don't like the way it feels with the redesign

Hot Tub Forum

master spa or artesian
« on: October 07, 2017, 02:40:00 pm »

d00nut

Re: master spa or artesian
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 04:44:09 pm »
https://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,21936.0.html

Check that out.  It tells you what a crock Hot Tub University is.

Artesian all day over Master.  If you need to lie and deceit people to sell your product... then you know it's not good.  What really makes Master terrible is their service after the sale.

On a side note, Caldera's interior really didn't change with the redesign.  They just added a few hip jets to the Niagara.  Did you wet test the old versus new?  The primary difference is the look.

justaguy

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 05:36:23 pm »
yes I wet tested the new niagra over the old...the old I sit lower in the tub and the neck jets hit perfect...the new is not as deep and I have to slide my hip forward to sit under them and I start to kinda float...and its not comfortable position..thanks for the info and reply

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 06:26:01 pm »
https://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,21936.0.html

Check that out.  It tells you what a crock Hot Tub University is.

Artesian all day over Master.  If you need to lie and deceit people to sell your product... then you know it's not good.  What really makes Master terrible is their service after the sale.

On a side note, Caldera's interior really didn't change with the redesign.  They just added a few hip jets to the Niagara.  Did you wet test the old versus new?  The primary difference is the look.

Agree completely with everything said here. Artesian makes a fine Tub. Surprised about the Niagara. The change didn’t really affect the interior. Mainly the aesthetics of the tub. If my choice was Master or Artesian I would pick Artesian every time

Bettymae

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 06:45:31 pm »
I'm getting a little worried. I ordered a Niagara , didn't wet test. I'm not hearing a lot of good things about it being comfortable on this site. I don't think I can cancel my order anymore. I trusted the dealer. Have worked with them before with my pool. Service is great. But, for the money, I want to be comfortable

justaguy

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 07:26:43 pm »
its a great tub...but if your tall your position under the neck jets is not as nice as sitting in the older version...and I think the foot blaster in the artesian is positioned better than the niagra

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 07:52:34 pm »
I'm getting a little worried. I ordered a Niagara , didn't wet test. I'm not hearing a lot of good things about it being comfortable on this site. I don't think I can cancel my order anymore. I trusted the dealer. Have worked with them before with my pool. Service is great. But, for the money, I want to be comfortable

I think it’s very comfortable. Everybody has a different definition of comfortable

justaguy

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 08:48:07 pm »
I agree with that...I wish there where more reviews of the grand cayman elite....its hard to find resent reviews on anything artesian...anyone have an opinion good or bad please

justaguy

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 08:50:48 pm »
I also should clarify....the position I had to sit in was not comfortable...the other seats without the neck jets are very nice....

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 09:07:50 pm »
I agree with that...I wish there where more reviews of the grand cayman elite....its hard to find resent reviews on anything artesian...anyone have an opinion good or bad please

Everybody has a different list of what’s a good spa and what’s not. Artesian is one of the 10or so brands that I would have no problem purchasing. Reviews are tougher to find because they aren’t one of the giant brands like Watkins (hot springs and Caldera), the Apollo Group (Jacuzzi, Sundance, thermo Spa, d-1 and recently Hydropool/lazy boy) and Bullfrog. Those are the brands spending huge money on brand awareness and marketing. I compare them to a brand like Marquis (the other brand I carry). Neither do a good job marketing there product but they both make a great spa. Artesian is a powerful tub with a good warranty. I know a couple of guys that sell the brand and they have been very happy with customer service and low complaints from customers.

Bettymae

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 09:48:57 pm »
was curious if anyone knows anything about the website hot tub university...he says he likes both master and artesian ....I don't know jack about hot tubs and he seems to make sense when talking about master spa...my question is why does master get such a bad rap..is it really that good or bad...I wet tested a piper glen a couple of years ago and loved it but never went through with it because of all the conflicting info...wish I did because now its out of my price range here in Canada....its 20000 now,,,,exchange rate and the way they sell the elite line...the artesian dealer here in Ottawa Ontario Canada seems ok...anyone have info on them or any recent reviews on the grand cayman elite..i was looking at caldera niagra but don't like the way it feels with the redesign
I had a master spa, jets were great, but lots of problems. Service sucked!!! I mean sucked!!!!! Dealer and company wouldn't stand behind anything. And other company's don't want to service it for you.. That's what everyone is talking about.. Walk away... Go with anyone but master spas.. Service, service, service.... That's what you are looking for.It took me a long time to talk my husband into getting another tub after that. I have Huge
neck and back problems.. Had neck fused.. Dealer is as important as wet test..

justaguy

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 11:21:21 pm »
thanks for the reply...I think ive heard that before...your tub is only as good as your dealer

bwspa

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 09:40:39 am »
I've had my Grand Bahama Elite for three weeks and really like it.  Same as the Cayman but with the lounger.  Love the direct flow tech.  I can sit in one of the Captain's chairs and dial in the power without turning each jet nozzle. 

The seat in between the two Captains chairs is surprisingly powerful when the 3-way diverter is set to that side (lounger off).  You're directly in front of both footblasters.  I'd say similar to a hot zone in Marquis.  Speaking of, the footblasters were the best feeling for jet I've tested. 

The additional pumps, to me, seem like a plus since you have more control, can turn on only what you need to run and if a pump or two went out, you've still got a fully usable tub until service.  Switches motors should improve lifespan.

I'd have been happy with the Marquis Epic or the J365 I was looking at but I'm glad I got the GBE.

justaguy

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 11:09:49 am »
thanks for the input...I think I'm sold on the  artesian....gonna have to post a question soon about base...cement ..stone dust patio stones ...whats the best way to go

Sam

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 02:14:47 pm »
 It's a no-brainer Artesian over a master.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 02:14:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42