What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot baby hot  (Read 3195 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Hot baby hot
« on: October 03, 2017, 11:48:39 pm »
 Had not been in the Jacuzzi for at least 3 weeks, dang got in tonight and it was scorching.    Got the t-stat out 111*  :o   Thinking a temp sensor change is in the future.   Prolly wasted a bit on the electric bill as well.  >:(

Note to self, word to those with a spa.   Check in on spa more often! 

Hot Tub Forum

Hot baby hot
« on: October 03, 2017, 11:48:39 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Hot baby hot
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 04:42:19 pm »
Had not been in the Jacuzzi for at least 3 weeks, dang got in tonight and it was scorching.    Got the t-stat out 111*  :o   Thinking a temp sensor change is in the future.   Prolly wasted a bit on the electric bill as well.  >:(

It's customary for me to tell my customers if they can't check it almost every day hire me to.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 05:41:15 pm »

It's customary for me to tell my customers if they can't check it almost every day hire me to.

Yeah I got lazy with it, I usually check it at least twice a week if not more.    Now that it's cooling off weather wise I will be using it more.    Guess it gives me an excuse to do a water change, when I swap the sensor out.. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 10:05:26 pm »

Yeah I got lazy with it, I usually check it at least twice a week if not more.    Now that it's cooling off weather wise I will be using it more.    Guess it gives me an excuse to do a water change, when I swap the sensor out..

We have a lot of seasonal here. I am winterizing a bunch in the coming weeks. Hint for you, spray some WD40 on the pump shaft aiming towards the seal to help keep it from drying out during idle months.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 03:54:17 pm »

How far in did your toe get at 111?  108 was the hottest I've ever been in and I could only stay in if I didn't move and then for only a few seconds.   However, when we get some really cold winter nights and I'm sore I'll set it to 106 and hope to catch 107.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 06:44:16 pm »

How far in did your toe get at 111?  108 was the hottest I've ever been in and I could only stay in if I didn't move and then for only a few seconds.   However, when we get some really cold winter nights and I'm sore I'll set it to 106 and hope to catch 107.

I just climbed right in, and realized it was pretty freaking hot so I jumped out.    I usually keep it at 101 or so a bit more when really cold. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 06:44:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42