What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New to forum and wondering...  (Read 2844 times)

wetman

New to forum and wondering...
« on: September 29, 2017, 08:13:26 am »
I am a newbie to this forum, been researching Hot tubs. I have a ton of questions which probably have been answered somewhere on this forum. Wondering if anyone has had any experience with Futura tubs. seems they have a decent product but you have to deal directly with factory rep. as they have no dealers. They claim that their products are user friendly, and they can diagnose problems over the phone.Claim all parts made in USA! As I live in the upper Midwest my biggest concern is reliability. Last thing I want is for components to go out when it is -20. Any feedback or experience with this brand would be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

New to forum and wondering...
« on: September 29, 2017, 08:13:26 am »

castletonia

Re: New to forum and wondering...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 04:16:44 pm »
In almost 17 years, this is the first time I had ever heard the name.  Their shells look dated and generic to me and I see a lot of bullet jets.  Hydroquip controls are rebranded Balboa which is fine, but I don't understand why they wouldn't just use regular Balboa stuff.  Not a fan of their insulation method, looks expensive to operate.  They might be a decent spa, they might not be.  I personally would be seeking out something with a known track record for quality, energy efficiency, reliability and dealer / manufacturer support.  Unless you lived locally to the factory, I think there are just too many more established options.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 04:24:51 pm »
In almost 17 years, this is the first time I had ever heard the name.  Their shells look dated and generic to me and I see a lot of bullet jets. Hydroquip controls are rebranded Balboa which is fine, but I don't understand why they wouldn't just use regular Balboa stuff.  Not a fan of their insulation method, looks expensive to operate.  They might be a decent spa, they might not be.  I personally would be seeking out something with a known track record for quality, energy efficiency, reliability and dealer / manufacturer support.  Unless you lived locally to the factory, I think there are just too many more established options.

most likely they buy those packs in bulk and save $....this is a regional brand (which is why 98% of people have never head of it) that has purchased old molds that have been floating around the industry for 20+ years, Bullet jets to save cost, 1 single 50 sq. ft. filter in a 8' x 8' hot tub to save cost, sell direct to save cost, etc. etc. With all that said it doesn't make it a bad product, you just have to realize you didn't find the "unicorn" they are $4,000 - $6,000 hot tubs that sell for $4,000 - $6,000 dollars so go in with the proper expectations....like castletonia said I think you can find a much better, more established option for not much more money.  Good Luck!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 05:01:56 pm »
I am a newbie to this forum, been researching Hot tubs. I have a ton of questions which probably have been answered somewhere on this forum. Wondering if anyone has had any experience with Futura tubs. seems they have a decent product but you have to deal directly with factory rep. as they have no dealers. They claim that their products are user friendly, and they can diagnose problems over the phone.Claim all parts made in USA! As I live in the upper Midwest my biggest concern is reliability. Last thing I want is for components to go out when it is -20. Any feedback or experience with this brand would be appreciated.

I love the part about how they can "diagnose problems over the phone"!! Every spa manufacturer can do this and they do every day but its mainly with the dealer-technicians and only if/when they need additional assistance. In reality Futura (whoever that is!?) is saying this because their goal is to make the spa owner the designated technician to save on what it would cost if they had a dealer network that has its own technicians! You better be real comfortable that you can be your own technician because it may be like pulling teeth to get them to agree to get an independent tech out there! If you're serious you should also ask the question that if they aren't able to get you to fix it with their phone support and they have to get someone out there who pays that tech? Do you pay and hope to get Futura to reimburse you (don't be surprised by this)?   
220, 221, whatever it takes!

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 05:24:26 pm »
I've seen those molds before.  Either they bought them from someone or someone builds part of it for that brand.  Someone else on here- once they look it up they'll recognize it and know who does it.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 05:30:38 pm »
Hey.......are those the old Phoenix molds?
Retired

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 11:15:10 am »
Took me a second but I figured out that QCA Spas has some of the same molds.  Maybe QCA sold some older molds, maybe QCA makes them for Futura, maybe someone makes them from both. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 12:16:11 pm »
Took me a second but I figured out that QCA Spas has some of the same molds.  Maybe QCA sold some older molds, maybe QCA makes them for Futura, maybe someone makes them from both.

Yea QCA, I see it now also. I kinda though QCA molds were outdated when they first came out. That was a lot of years ago.

To the OP, we are not saying that the process in which the acrylic is pulled and then coated with fiberglass to create the shell is inferior. We are simply saying that a lot of company's start out by buying molds that have been around a while or buying pre-made shells from others to make their own branded tub. The shell layouts and designs look dated.
Retired

wetman

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 08:09:04 pm »
Now looking  to see what is available locally. Checked out the Caldera "Martinique" and the # person "Kauai".Kauai would meet our needs but seats seem pretty low, but easier to get in!
Decisions, decisions

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 08:09:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42