What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Advice on selling brand new hot tub  (Read 3141 times)

KennyZ

Advice on selling brand new hot tub
« on: September 21, 2017, 05:11:38 pm »
We recently won a brand new spa but unfortunately we do not have a place for it and need to sell it.  We are wondering if anyone would have advice or suggestions on the best way to go about doing this?  Whoever bought it would also get to pick the model and color and it would include delivery and installation.

Hot Tub Forum

Advice on selling brand new hot tub
« on: September 21, 2017, 05:11:38 pm »

JacuzziJack

Re: Advice on selling brand new hot tub
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 08:17:02 pm »
Dang, I wish I were lucky enough to win a new spa!!!  Maybe this is a good excuse to start looking for a different place (so you can put it to good use)..    :)
Or maybe a good present for someone's parents for the family to enjoy??

I guess for selling you should start by letting us know what brand/model it is, how many place (people), are there any accessories with it, a disconnect? What's the value? A used hot tub won't have any warranty so you have to price it accordingly. Probably worth $5k - $7k on Craigslist depending on what it is. You start getting too expensive, you cut out a lot of buyers who finance, and w/o a warranty and no delivery/hookup, that's going to make a lot of potential buyers think more about buying new.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:19:44 pm by JacuzziJack »

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 06:38:19 am »
I would go to the place that was selling it or giving it away however it was set up and tell them you are grateful for winning it but not ready for a tub and didn’t want to take possession only to turn around and sell it and ask them if there is a cash deal to be had. You are not going to get retail but you should get something close to wholesale. Just a thought and worth a try. The guys that are dealers here could tell you what they would do if you came in with that offer. If that didn’t work maybe they would sell it for you if you paid them a commission.   

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 11:02:25 am »
I would go to the place that was selling it or giving it away however it was set up and tell them you are grateful for winning it but not ready for a tub and didn’t want to take possession only to turn around and sell it and ask them if there is a cash deal to be had. You are not going to get retail but you should get something close to wholesale. Just a thought and worth a try. The guys that are dealers here could tell you what they would do if you came in with that offer. If that didn’t work maybe they would sell it for you if you paid them a commission.

That or set it up with the dealer so whoever you sell to will be considered the original owner so that the warranty remains in tact which I think they'd be fine with. 
220, 221, whatever it takes!

KennyZ

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 11:12:40 am »
It is a Bullfrog model X7.  However we can upgrade to a better model (R or A series) and we'd just have to pay the difference.  We have not taken delivery of it as it seems to make the most sense to find a buyer and have it delivered and set up there.

bradleyabell

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 01:40:57 pm »
It is a Bullfrog model X7.  However we can upgrade to a better model (R or A series) and we'd just have to pay the difference.  We have not taken delivery of it as it seems to make the most sense to find a buyer and have it delivered and set up there.

If you're doing that I would sell it for around 4-5k...I just bought an X8 for under 7k brand new from the dealer.  (The X8 is a little bigger)

KennyZ

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 03:33:20 pm »
Any thoughts on where we would price an R8 or A7?  We're just trying to decide if it would be worth paying to upgrade to a better model so that it would appeal to more people.

Fcat

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 09:18:55 am »
Where are you based ?

JacuzziJack

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 09:56:55 pm »
Come back after you've done what you do, and let us know what approach you took (so we can learn) and how much you got for it?

Sam

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 01:33:02 pm »
I would stick with the X and not pay extra.  It's actually a darn nice spa and should sell pretty easily.  Bullfrog has a fantastic reputation and a lot of people want one but don't want to spend full retail.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 01:33:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42