What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Circ pump help  (Read 2156 times)

wryork25

Circ pump help
« on: September 18, 2017, 03:32:34 pm »
I have a 04 J325 120V jucuzzi that came with the house I just bought. Continently right after I moved in the tub started throwing FL1 error. I could use some help, new to hot tubs but not new to electricity and troubleshooting. I am getting FL1 error code. Here is what I have done so far. Confirmed that flow switch works by romving and testing with a ohm meter. Circ pump is not running, but is getting voltage. Thought the pump was bad so I drained and replaced the cert pump, filled the tub and turned on, still getting a FL1 error!

Could the cert pump be air locked? How do I bleed that, the jet pump has a bleed screw but the circ pump does not. Should I just remove the discharge hose? I am worried about water getting all over everything down there... Any direction would be a great help, I am pretty competent, and I have the troubleshooting manual for assistance with volt checks.

Thanks,

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

Circ pump help
« on: September 18, 2017, 03:32:34 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Circ pump help
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 05:15:18 pm »
I have a 04 J325 120V jucuzzi that came with the house I just bought. Continently right after I moved in the tub started throwing FL1 error. I could use some help, new to hot tubs but not new to electricity and troubleshooting. I am getting FL1 error code. Here is what I have done so far. Confirmed that flow switch works by romving and testing with a ohm meter. Circ pump is not running, but is getting voltage. Thought the pump was bad so I drained and replaced the cert pump, filled the tub and turned on, still getting a FL1 error!

Could the cert pump be air locked? How do I bleed that, the jet pump has a bleed screw but the circ pump does not. Should I just remove the discharge hose? I am worried about water getting all over everything down there... Any direction would be a great help, I am pretty competent, and I have the troubleshooting manual for assistance with volt checks.

Thanks,

Bill

If it is air in the circ pump remove the discharge hose at the heater and route it outside the tub to get the air out. Or clamp the hose and add enough to go outside the tub. Or force water down the filter that feeds the circ pump. Next time you fill, fill through the filter housing that feeds the circ pump.

Is the circ pump running and pushing water?
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Circ pump help
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 05:15:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42