What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Concrete Pad next to house foundation  (Read 3646 times)

LLKCM

Concrete Pad next to house foundation
« on: August 18, 2004, 12:09:21 am »
I am planning to locate the concrete pad for a 600 gal SPA at ground level and within 16 inches of the house foundation. the basement wall is 8 ft high poured concrete, 7 1/2 inches thick, which is pretty standard. I am concerned that this surface load could cause buckling of the basement wall. How close to a foundation have others placed a SPA? Are there any rules of thumb regarding minimum spacing of the SPA pad from the house foundation?  

Hot Tub Forum

Concrete Pad next to house foundation
« on: August 18, 2004, 12:09:21 am »

Shut_Down_Stranger

Re: Concrete Pad next to house foundation
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 12:14:05 am »
Should not be a problem as long as you are not trying to tie the concrete of the spa pad into the house foundation. An expansion strip between the spa pad and house, or a few inches of non-concrete area is suggested to allow for ground temperature expansion.

bub b

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 02:09:18 pm »
I used an expansion strip next to the wall and poured concrete rite up to it.We used 4 " of modified stone,6" of concrete w/rebar and ran the conduit in the concrete so it came up rite under the tub in the electrical compartment so not to have any toe-trippers ;D

TALKCalgary.com

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 08:19:07 pm »
Hmmm, a very interesting question you have raised. I am also planning on placing a 400 gallon spa on a patio. From what I can see, our patio is an extension of our house. Since our spa will be less than 3 inches from the wall of our home, perhaps I should get a structural engineer to take a look before I install it.

Steve  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 08:19:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42