What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need help deciding on spas  (Read 4536 times)

Tsmith629

Need help deciding on spas
« on: September 12, 2017, 05:21:59 pm »
Went today and looked at a lot of different spas.

Artesian Antigua Elite- what do you know about quality and durability? How good is the frog system for chemicals? Should we look at going to the platinum elite line? We were quoted $7999 for this tub, is that a good price?

Maax 482- quality  and durability? Dealer was not very knowledgeable, so feedback appreciated. Quoted $9495 is this good price?

Hot spring- we looked at smaller tub the jetsetter here quoted $7000...also looked at jetsetter nxt $8395. 

Bullfrog- looked at A5l quoted $8000 and R5L quoted $7250...we are concerned about the strength of the jets in this one. I'm not sure if would be strong enough for my husband.

What we need is neck, shoulders, and upper back for me...lower back and feet for my husband.  We will not be using this tub for entertainment purposes, it will just  be myself and my husband using it.  Sorry for such a long post, we would really appreciate any help!

Hot Tub Forum

Need help deciding on spas
« on: September 12, 2017, 05:21:59 pm »

Conine2965

Re: Need help deciding on spas
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:34:33 pm »
I like the Artesian out of those choices great tub great price.

bradleyabell

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 09:27:43 pm »
Went today and looked at a lot of different spas.

Artesian Antigua Elite- what do you know about quality and durability? How good is the frog system for chemicals? Should we look at going to the platinum elite line? We were quoted $7999 for this tub, is that a good price?

Maax 482- quality  and durability? Dealer was not very knowledgeable, so feedback appreciated. Quoted $9495 is this good price?

Hot spring- we looked at smaller tub the jetsetter here quoted $7000...also looked at jetsetter nxt $8395. 

Bullfrog- looked at A5l quoted $8000 and R5L quoted $7250...we are concerned about the strength of the jets in this one. I'm not sure if would be strong enough for my husband.

What we need is neck, shoulders, and upper back for me...lower back and feet for my husband.  We will not be using this tub for entertainment purposes, it will just  be myself and my husband using it.  Sorry for such a long post, we would really appreciate any help!

My best advice would be to go and wet test them. You will eliminate a lot very quickly that way!!

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 09:54:47 pm »
A wet test will tell you as much, if not more than anyone here can.  My opinion, Hot Spring and Bullfrog are tops of what you listed followed closely by Artesian and Maax a distant last.  Maax has less than stellar customer support and in my opinion are not very energy efficient.

I can only comment on the Hot Spring pricing.  Those are good prices on both Jetsetters.  I sell the Jetsetter NXT for around $9500 and the Jetsetter around $7700, depending on the included options.

If you have the local option, I would also check out the Marquis Spirit.

d00nut

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 01:18:54 am »
Interesting pricing you got there.

Hands down, the best deal IMO is the Jetsetter NXT.  Like Castletonia, I'm Mid 9's... starting at least.

MAAX is certainly a lower level manufacturer than everyone else on this list.

I'd consider carry Artesian if I needed to make a change... but MAAX... no way, the manufacturer is no where near as competent as others on this list.

Interesting, I sell the R5L BF for about the same, but the A5L I'm closer to high 8's, low 9's.  Maybe the dealer didn't pay that close attention to their price list?

Sam

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 05:00:31 pm »
That's a fantastic deal on the Antigua Elite if it includes, delivery, cover, steps, cover lift.  It's also an awesome spa.  IF you can wet test, you should.  The Hot Spring is a great deal on a great spa, as is the Bullfrog.  I'm not a fan of Maax at all.  I think you can't go wrong with the other 3 and you can feel good about those prices.

Livefast

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 10:22:30 pm »
That's a fantastic deal on the Antigua Elite if it includes, delivery, cover, steps, cover lift.  It's also an awesome spa.  IF you can wet test, you should.  The Hot Spring is a great deal on a great spa, as is the Bullfrog.  I'm not a fan of Maax at all.  I think you can't go wrong with the other 3 and you can feel good about those prices.

I'm as well looking for a spa.  I see lots of ppl not liking maax spa here.  Is there any reason or its it because this board is full of members that sell other brands? What are the reasons that make maax less of a tub? Thanks for any info

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 07:18:37 am »

I'm as well looking for a spa.  I see lots of ppl not liking maax spa here.  Is there any reason or its it because this board is full of members that sell other brands? What are the reasons that make maax less of a tub? Thanks for any info

I don't sell any brand. But have serviced them all. Look inside the equipment bay of MAXX versus the others and you will immediately see why we feel they are in a different class.
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 11:03:47 am »

If you read what the "members" here are saying you'll see they're not trying to steer you toward a particular brand, they're just not impressed with Maax and they've stated that its because of quality and factory support. Castletonia, D00nut and TMan are giving you advice but maybe you're just looking for affirmation. Castletonia even quotes the price of the brand he sells while stating that one of the others is tops also and then suggesting another brand on top of that, its not as if he knocked Maax and told you to buy Brand Y.

You're asking for information but maybe you're just not happy with what that feedback is. If Maax seems like it fits the bill for you then go for it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Sam

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 02:28:14 pm »
Good post tuo.  Maax isn't the worst brand that I've come across but the build quality doesn't seem up to par with other manufacturers.  I also think their story about metal frame and their insulation system are total B.S.  They try to tell people that bats of recycled blue jean material somehow insulate better than a fully foamed hot tub.  The whole "we're the only appliance grade hot tub" story is also pretty dumb.  I don't think they use very good jets.  I've heard from numerous people that their dealer support is terrible.

Those are just the things that popped off the top of my head.  I'd still take a maax over a cal spa or a master spa though.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 02:28:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42