What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Older MoonWater Spa Circuit Board Issue  (Read 1649 times)

germaneighter

Older MoonWater Spa Circuit Board Issue
« on: September 09, 2017, 09:16:00 pm »
Hello.  New guy in Oklahoma.  I was given an older MoonWater spa.  Daughter of the previous owner told me it had a problem but didn't know what.  The spa had been under a patio cover so the visible condition is very good.  When powered-up the GFCI trips immediately.  I've disconnected each component separately but the breaker continues to trip.  When I disconnect the coil the breaker stays on.  I've gone through the coil tests and it checks out good.  I've removed the circuit board and inspected for any signs of damage but I can see none.  A couple of the relays had contacts that looked a little dirty so I cleaned all of them.  While watching the control panel, my wife turns the breaker on and for an instant, two relays energize and the breaker trips.  The two relays are labeled RL3 High Limit and RL4 High Limit.  I'm not sure if this means anything.....

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Any help would be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Older MoonWater Spa Circuit Board Issue
« on: September 09, 2017, 09:16:00 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Older MoonWater Spa Circuit Board Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 07:32:12 am »
Hello.  New guy in Oklahoma.  I was given an older MoonWater spa.  Daughter of the previous owner told me it had a problem but didn't know what.  The spa had been under a patio cover so the visible condition is very good.  When powered-up the GFCI trips immediately.  I've disconnected each component separately but the breaker continues to trip.  When I disconnect the coil the breaker stays on.  I've gone through the coil tests and it checks out good.  I've removed the circuit board and inspected for any signs of damage but I can see none.  A couple of the relays had contacts that looked a little dirty so I cleaned all of them.  While watching the control panel, my wife turns the breaker on and for an instant, two relays energize and the breaker trips.  The two relays are labeled RL3 High Limit and RL4 High Limit.  I'm not sure if this means anything.....

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Any help would be appreciated.

When you say coil do you mean heater? How did you test the heater/coil?
Retired

germaneighter

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 10:05:13 am »
I meant coil.  I read ohms across primaries, across secondarys, and across one primary to a one secondary.  The problem was the electrician's helper had the load common going to the breaker box common lug instead of the load common lug on the GFCI.  I changed it to how it should be and tub is now powering up.

I know I'll have many more questions in the coming days.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 10:05:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42