What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2013 Optima lights stopped working  (Read 4124 times)

richierich

2013 Optima lights stopped working
« on: August 23, 2017, 12:33:31 pm »
The lights on my 2013 Sundance Optima have stopped working. Previously, some of the leds in the waterfall were not working as well as some colors in the air controllers. Also there were times when some of  the lights would stay on all the time, could not be turned off. This is not a huge deal since I rarely use the lights but I can't stand when things don't work as the should. Is there something I can do to fix this? Anyone with experience and/or information?

Hot Tub Forum

2013 Optima lights stopped working
« on: August 23, 2017, 12:33:31 pm »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: 2013 Optima lights stopped working
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 01:31:23 pm »
Usually the issue is that the waterfall light goes bad and messes up the other lights.  You should be able to open up the equipment and find the light controller  and disconnect all the lights.  Plug them back in one at a time until you get the waterfall.  Then unplug that one and plug the rest in.  That SHOULD take care of the light issue, but will leave you without the waterfall light.

richierich

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 04:22:56 pm »
Thanks SerjicalStrike, I was hoping you would respond. You seem to be the go to guy when it comes to Sundance.

richierich

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 06:32:26 pm »
I removed the light controller and found what appeared to be a burn/brown spot on the back of the circuit board. Even the blue casing was discolored at that spot. Also warm. Removing and replacing the cables did nothing. I'm assuming the controller is shot. I found one online for $99. Could the problem I was having ruin the new controller also? Just find which cable is the waterfall leds and leave it unpluged?

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 08:25:50 am »
Sorry for taking so long to respond, was on vacation. Most likely the waterfall light is shorting out, causing the overheating.  If you can figure out which one is the waterfall plug, you should be able to replace the controller and leave the waterfall light unplugged and be fine.  Turn the lights on with the new controller and just keep an eye on it for about 30 seconds.  If it doesn't start to overheat, you are all set.  If it does, you have another light that is bad, but that is unlikely.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 08:25:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42