What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Circ Pump / Ozone on Optima  (Read 2823 times)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Circ Pump / Ozone on Optima
« on: August 18, 2004, 09:27:59 pm »
We're almost into a week into owning our Optima and tonight I removed the filter for the first time to rinse it off.  I cut the power to the tub and hosed off the filter and then put it back in.  When I turned the power back on the circ pump / ozonator did not come back on.  I'm assuming it was like when we first got the tub and it would not turn on until the first cycle starts.  I think the default time is 1:00am or something.  I set the start time for the circ pump cycle (24 hour cycle) to 7:00pm (this was at about 6:45).  It started right up at 7:00 as per the schedule.

My question for Optima owners out there is:  Do you reprogram the circ pump cycle everytime you cut power to the tub to clean the filter?  Or, do you just leave the tub without the circ pump running and let it come on at 1:00am at the default cycle time?
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Circ Pump / Ozone on Optima
« on: August 18, 2004, 09:27:59 pm »

naperguy12

Re: Circ Pump / Ozone on Optima
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 10:28:51 pm »
I don't cut my power just to remove the filter.  Why?  

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 10:41:01 pm »
I turn the power off because both the manual and my dealer told me to...  If you don't then the circ pump will continue to run.  The probably don't want any type of debris from getting into the circ pump.  It's my understanding that circ pump is what pulls the water through the microfilter so if the filter is in place while the circ pump is running nothing should ever get into that small pump.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 12:00:12 am »
You are correct...you should cut the power when removing the filters and the circ pump does pull through the micro clean filter.  I do not reset every time I cut the power.  No need to.  Just leave it to reset at program start time.

I do not rinse my filters weekly unless they are very dirty.  Generally, I just clean with filter cleaner once per month.  IMO, pulling filters is a chore and the Optima is simple to do compared to others.

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 07:31:33 am »
Remember also that when the set temp and the actual temp is warmer by two or three degrees you are in Summer mode and it will not run the circ pump (ozone)so it does not get any warmer.  I turn mine off as book and dealer directs.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 10:15:45 am »
Yeah... I didn't realize about the 2 degree thing at first and was wondering why the circ pump and ozonator were not working.  The first couple of nights I turned the temp up a few degrees at night and then lowered it for the kids for the next day.  It actually takes a long time for the temp to get back down and that whole time the circ pump would not run.  Now I just leave it set at 98 and it's been running ever since.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 10:27:27 am »
The Balboa controller on my Master Spa has a standby mode that is made for effectively shutting down all pumps during filter cleaning.  This precludes shutting off the power to the tub.  I'm surprised that the Sundance controller doesn't have a similar feature.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

spaguyohio

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 01:25:40 pm »
thats because you bought the best my friend (ducking from others).

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 01:25:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42