What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Do I need a circulation pump?  (Read 3257 times)

mrider

Do I need a circulation pump?
« on: September 01, 2017, 04:43:25 am »
I am going to purchase a new hot tub. Should I look to purchase a hot that includes a cirulation pump or a one pump variable speed system? For instance  should I go with a hot tub that has 1 Dual Speed 300 or one that has 2 pumps?  I am thinking about a Premium Leisure ( 1 pump system) vs a Caldera or Marquis that have a ciculation pump and an operating pump. I am only going to make this purchase one time so I need advice.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 05:00:10 am by mrider »

Hot Tub Forum

Do I need a circulation pump?
« on: September 01, 2017, 04:43:25 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Do I need a circulation pump?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 10:16:19 am »
I am going to purchase a new hot tub. Should I look to purchase a hot that includes a cirulation pump or a one pump variable speed system? For instance  should I go with a hot tub that has 1 Dual Speed 300 or one that has 2 pumps?  I am thinking about a Premium Leisure ( 1 pump system) vs a Caldera or Marquis that have a ciculation pump and an operating pump. I am only going to make this purchase one time so I need advice.

I'd lean toward Caldera and Marquis who both have very good reputations regardless of the debate of circ pump vs non-circ pump.

I would only add that while I think its fine either way, if I was to have my spa placed right up to the house (especially alongside a bedroom wall/window) I'd opt for a circ pump spa for noise abatement, especially late at night, but that's really just an exception.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 04:35:12 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 11:01:47 am »
I personally like having a circulation pump but I would not base my shopping process on whether one brand has one or not.  Marquis does not use a circulation pump and Caldera does on their Paradise and Utopia series, but not Vacanza.  Premium Leisure is not in the same league as Caldera and Marquis and should not be compared or at least done so with the knowledge that they are not equal.

One pump, two pumps, etc should be determined by how many jets, size of jets, and how efficiently the hot tub is plumbed.  Which models are you looking at from Marquis and Caldera?

Conine2965

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 04:13:44 pm »
I've had both don't notice a difference. So I would not let it away me either way

mrider

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 08:15:46 pm »
We just looked at the Master Spa Twilight Series 7.2. Any words of wisdom?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 12:54:53 pm »
We just looked at the Master Spa Twilight Series 7.2. Any words of wisdom?

I'd check them off the list but then again I'd have told you to skip them altogether.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 12:54:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42