What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozone + Brominator  (Read 2203 times)

cmh

Ozone + Brominator
« on: September 07, 2017, 12:34:04 pm »
Hi folks,

Getting set to pull the trigger on a hot tub. My wife has a mild skin condition and I am looking to maintain water that contains the minimum amount of chemical. My plan is to go ozone and maintain 0.5 ppm of bromine.

The tub vendor (I am looking at hydropool) does offer both an ozonator and brominator as factory options. Does anyone know if I can or should combine both? Or should I go aftermarket for those components (not sure if this affects the tub warranty).

Appreciate any views on these issues, thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Ozone + Brominator
« on: September 07, 2017, 12:34:04 pm »

bud16415

Re: Ozone + Brominator
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 01:51:48 pm »
Just one opinion here. I started with Bromine in an auto feeder system and also have ozone in the tub. I had a hard time maintaining any consistent level of sanitizer let alone something as low as .5 PPM. I was shooting for 2 PPM and I would get swings between zero and 10 PPM depending on bather load and shocking.

I also have sensitive skin and during the startup of the tub I also had some meds changed and had some skin issues. Long story short I switched to Dichlor / bleach method. Last thing in the day when we get out I dose the tub based around usage for the day. I have now got the knack for giving it just enough that when we get in the next evening it is between zero and 1 PPM. This has been working pretty well and I plan on doing it for now with future plans within the next year switching it to salt and an aftermarket salt to chlorine generator.

The reason I think I will switch is I have a friend that runs his that way and as good as my water feels and stays sparkling clear and clean, The feel of the salt water is just better and more soothing and seems to be less drying. He also says it was very easy to keep a constant sanitizer level with the salt system.

Others will tell you bromine is great I just couldn’t get it to remain steady. Another member here has been having similar problems with her new bromine feeder tub. You should read that thread also.     

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 03:44:19 pm »
Hi folks,

Getting set to pull the trigger on a hot tub. My wife has a mild skin condition and I am looking to maintain water that contains the minimum amount of chemical. My plan is to go ozone and maintain 0.5 ppm of bromine.

The tub vendor (I am looking at hydropool) does offer both an ozonator and brominator as factory options. Does anyone know if I can or should combine both? Or should I go aftermarket for those components (not sure if this affects the tub warranty).

Appreciate any views on these issues, thanks.

Ozone WILL NOT sanitize your water unless you don't use the tub. Either chlorine or bromine will.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 03:44:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42