What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How to use dichlor  (Read 2623 times)

sjde

How to use dichlor
« on: August 27, 2017, 11:56:14 pm »
I have a bromine spa that I'm thinking of changing over to chlorine. I've read two different ways to do this. Does it matter much which way I choose?-

1 tablespoon of dichlor after each use and 3 tablespoons of MPS once a week as a shock treatment

OR

Use Dichlor weekly,   and MPS-non chlorine shock as a booster during the week as needed.

Hot Tub Forum

How to use dichlor
« on: August 27, 2017, 11:56:14 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: How to use dichlor
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 12:22:35 am »
 Get a mineral cartridge. (nature2)  Shock once a week with MPS.   Dichlore once to twice a week depending on use.  Keep PH/ALK in range, calcium a bit lower than recommended. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 06:53:08 am »
I have a bromine spa that I'm thinking of changing over to chlorine. I've read two different ways to do this. Does it matter much which way I choose?-

1 tablespoon of dichlor after each use and 3 tablespoons of MPS once a week as a shock treatment

OR

Use Dichlor weekly,   and MPS-non chlorine shock as a booster during the week as needed.

1 tablespoon of dichlor and 3 tablespoons of MPS may or may not be right. Your chlorine level should get to 3-5 PPM after your soak. Could take more or could take less.
Retired

mpkelley20

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 09:30:36 am »
I rarely use MPS.  I just use dichlor most of the time including for shock.  I change my water every 3 months so not worried about CYA levels.  I use anywhere from 1tsp to 1tbls after using and check it daily.  The needs to shock has been low and the only times I find I do shock it is if I miss a day or two between adding dichlor.

sjde

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 09:54:09 am »
Unfortunately this can't be checked daily as it's a vacation rental. Usually 4-8 people. However , I could leave premeasured portions of diclor or MPS with instructions to add one after each soak.

bud16415

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 12:12:06 pm »
Is there a property manager there that can tend to the tub? If not there is no way I would trust that guests will do what is needed. If you have a tub at a vacation rental expect usage to be 10X and personal cleanliness to be 10X worse than most of us use to keep our water sparkling clean. If you are not there between visits plan on getting a call saying the tub is skunked from the next guests.

I don’t know a good way to do what you are doing except have someone on site to keep tabs.   

sjde

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 04:51:45 pm »
Yes, of course we have someone there -we don't rely on guests to do it. But he just comes between stays, and people generally stay 2-7 nights.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 07:53:12 pm »
Yes, of course we have someone there -we don't rely on guests to do it. But he just comes between stays, and people generally stay 2-7 nights.

Get a bromine floater.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 08:12:08 pm »

Get a bromine floater.

Finding out it is a rental, this post speaks the truth! 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 08:12:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42