What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub for 2 that will fit a couple of friends too  (Read 2103 times)

cmh

Hot tub for 2 that will fit a couple of friends too
« on: August 26, 2017, 01:50:26 pm »
I'm located in Ottawa, Canada and looking for a hot-tub for year-round use. As we have a small backyard, I am looking for a rectangular model as opposed to a square.

The tub will mostly be used by me and my wife, but we would like to be able to occasionally shoehorn in another couple (e.g. if we have friends over for dinner). So far I have identified the Hydropool Serenity 4000 and the Coast Omega as potential options. These are nice because they have a lounger, but the seat setup looks like 4 could sit.

I am wondering if there are any other models out there that I should also be considering.

Also any insight on whether these are likely to be comfortable, reliable and cost-effective given Ottawa winters. Any other tips appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub for 2 that will fit a couple of friends too
« on: August 26, 2017, 01:50:26 pm »

bud16415

Re: Hot tub for 2 that will fit a couple of friends too
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 10:55:35 am »
Something like that would work if you are all small people or two adults and two children.

Here is one thing to remember is displacement if you put 4 good size people in a 200 gallon tub compared to a 400 gallon tub the water is going to rise a lot more and will overflow a smaller tub. We have a 6 person tub and have it filled where we like it for the 2 of us. When we get 4 in it the water comes up but is well within the ok range. When we get 6 in it is very full.

We or rather I wanted something like you are thinking about our deck and size was limited. She on the other hand wanted as big as we dare go. And of course she won out. Looking back on it I’m very glad we pushed the limit even though most of the time there are only 2 of us in the tub.

We live in the cold north. Make sure you get a good well insulated high end tub made for your climate. Other will advise on the brands you mentioned.   

cmh

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 04:32:15 pm »
Thanks, that's excellent advice regarding the water level. We may have to keep the level a little lower in the tub if we think others will be coming over. Taking into account the need to allow space for the cover and lifter I think we won't be able to squeeze a square tub into the space we have (we have a long narrow yard along the side of the house).

We dry tested the Serenity 4000 today, and liked it. It's quite a deep tub to begin with. Four people will fit if they're friendly. The store is making a big deal out of filling the tub with water for us to test it, but it still seems like a possibility.

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 12:05:54 pm »
Well wet test for sure and if it was me I would bring two friends along to wet test it with you. Nothing like seeing firsthand how it will be with 4 people. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 12:05:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42