What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need Deep (42'' or more) spa  (Read 21656 times)

yankees

Need Deep (42'' or more) spa
« on: August 18, 2004, 01:21:08 am »
Greetings.
Looking for a deep (42" or more..would ike closer to 5 ft) portable outdoor spa or hot tub for arm workouts, running in place..etc. and relaxation. we have kids too who would use for fun. can't afford a swim spa.
no bells or whistles needed. some jets, heater (we live in new jersey and want to use in winter too), a light or two, child safe and secure cover.
looking for a deal. need delivery and placement in yard. flat ground ok or need concrete or pavers? 220 line ok?
Many Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Need Deep (42'' or more) spa
« on: August 18, 2004, 01:21:08 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Need Deep (42'' or more) spa
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 05:47:00 am »
Sounds to me as if you have moved into the wood tub realm in your dimension requirements. Doc? Care to chime in?

Or a custom model??

Otherwise, I know the Areana by D1 is a big, deep tub at only 36" tall.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 10:15:25 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

OnMedic

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 07:59:18 am »
http://www.aberhottubs.com/portables_endeavour.htm

This is the deepest portable I have seen. I am not sure, think they may have a 42"...

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 12:20:14 pm »
check out dimension one. they have huge and very deep exercise spas.  there was one in the showroom when I bought my Chariman II.  one of them was about 56" tall and had a bunch of workout equipment in it.  cool stuff.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 12:49:50 pm »
Watch the acrylic. Before buying examine the acrylic in the footwell. anything over 36" deep thends to show stress marks in the finish.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 01:33:10 pm »
Hi Yankees:

I'd suggest checking out a wood tub (the "original" Hot Tub).  Realize, there are BIG maintenance differences (chemical and structural) between wood and acrylics, but wood has a charm all its own.  I used to live with a roommate who had an 8' diameter by 5' DEEP tub (GOD, it was a monster!) that was just AWESOME.  10 people in that tub was NO problem.  I'm actually thinking about going to a wood tub myself on my next install.

Check:

http://www.redwoodsaunas.com/html/hot_tub.html

http://www.woodentubs.com/tubs.html

http://www.rhtubs.com/

Most of these tubs ship unassembled directly from the manufacturer on a skid and come with complete assembly instructions.

Most wood tubs DON'T have the "therapy" water streams that spas have; instead they use a few jets and a "blower" to create bubbles. BUT, unlike spas, they are DEEP. Getting fully submersed in a sitting position is easy and very relaxing. They also offer a lot of room.  With HOT water, this combination creates a VERY pleasing result. Another advantage is that large wood tubs are not as sensitive to water displacement caused by multiple users.

On the down side, all plumbing and circulation equipment is external, meaning install requires some doing to make it look good. Wood tubs CAN also NOT be as energy efficient, but it often depends on tub size, wood thickness, where you place the tub (avoid direct wind exposures), what surrounds it and the quality of cover.  A large wood tub with water also weighs more than 10,000 LBS, so placement can be an issue.

Most people in this forum might take issue with this response but, unfortunately, many have probably never experienced a wood tub. The only thing I can say is that it's a different experience and either you will like it or you won't. It’s not the same as a “spa.”

Good Luck!

8)

Want deep?  Check this baby:

http://www.redwoodsaunas.com/html/tubg6.html
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 01:52:26 pm »
Watch the acrylic. Before buying examine the acrylic in the footwell. anything over 36" deep thends to show stress marks in the finish.

I don't think that the dimension one's are made of acrylic though...

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 03:15:00 pm »
I don't think that the dimension one's are made of acrylic though...

They do make them in acrylic, but my comment was not d-1 specific. I have seem some tubs, I will not mention brands, where the acrylic is over stretched and show "stress marks". This typically hapens in taller tubs. Just some generic advice for this gentleman looking for a 42" tub. Deepest I have seen is 40" and someone else on this thread provided the URL. Sounds like wood is your answer unless you are willing to open your mind up to shallower options.

That said D-1 has two tubs 40" that do not show stress in the footwell. Lotus Bay/Sarena Bay
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 03:18:12 pm by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 03:15:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42