What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: SPA CHEMICALS  (Read 4648 times)

SWAMPER

SPA CHEMICALS
« on: August 18, 2017, 10:30:11 am »
What brand chemicals do you use and where is the best place to get them ?
We just got our Sundance spa a couple months ago and it came with Diamond chemicals
That came with the spa and that the spa place stocks was looking to get larger containers
And better price as well

Hot Tub Forum

SPA CHEMICALS
« on: August 18, 2017, 10:30:11 am »

buba

Re: SPA CHEMICALS
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 10:43:57 am »
If you're using chlorine based chemicals look for the Clorox brand at Walmart, some of the lowest-cost around. If not, let us know what type you are using today and the members here can point you to good sources.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 10:46:23 am by buba »

SWAMPER

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 10:56:03 am »
right now i'm using what they gave me with the tub
Diamond brand
sani-spa (chlorinating spa sanitizer)
and
Diamond spa-shock

buba

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 04:41:58 pm »
If you are happy with that setup then take a look at www.spadepot.com. They offer qty discounts plus free shipping with a $100 purchase. They are good about listing the ingredients of the products, so you can compare the brands they carry to what you have been using. I have ordered from them in the past with no issues.

P.S. If you order from spa depot and have the option at checkout to chose a freebie, get the spa log book. I found to to be a useful way to keep track of the chemical balance history.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 08:02:30 pm by buba »

richierich

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 07:44:35 pm »
If you are happy with that setup then take a look at www.spadepot.com. They offer qty discounts plus free shipping with a $100 purchase. They are good about listing the ingredients of the products, so you can compare to what you have been using. I have ordered from them in the past with no issues.
Ditto

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 10:51:35 am »
right now i'm using what they gave me with the tub
Diamond brand
sani-spa (chlorinating spa sanitizer)
and
Diamond spa-shock

Diamond is a house brand of N. Jonas and Co. out of Pennsylvania. 

*Most* private label manufacturers (as in "Joe's Pool Store" brand but you know that Joe doesn't actually make the product) have a few house brands.  N. Jonas is a fine company.  The key is- And not to say there isn't variations in quality out there- to listen to your dealer.  They may sell a certain product, have a certain procedure based on the source water that is common in your area, or may otherwise want you to do something in a certain manner to ward off a common issues based on your source water.  That means something.  Additionally- your tub may have a certain way that it needs to be treated (unlikely, but worth checking into). 

I generally prefer dealers to online as online has to be general and generic as to be all-encompassing as possible.  Dealers tend to be trained in the specific products you use, know your source water, know other questions and ancillary issues that may arise.  Not to knock online, but it tends to be very broad and doesn't allow for a deeper dive, and one that is relevant to you. 

Hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward. 

d00nut

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 12:06:53 pm »
We have customer loyalty programs when it comes to watercare stuff.  Perhaps your dealer does too?

I know some dealers are still the old pencil and pen, but I've stated here before and so has a couple other posters.  Support your dealer, and they can better support you.  I gave an example of a cover replacement.  I had on record because I use the best (which still sucks) software program for the pool and spa industry called Evosus.  It allows me to easily pull everyones previous purchases.  Even though the cover was waterlogged, and well outside warranty, I could see that they purchased their 303 aerospace protectant as well as all water treatment care from me.

I brought that information to customer service at the various vendor, and they agreed to ship me a new cover for free for my customer.

You buy your stuff online, it doesn't hurt the dealer as much.  Margin on watercare isn't great since we do try to compete with guys living in their moms basement with no overhead.  However, it could hurt you if you need someone to go the extra mile later in your hot tub life :)  At least... if I am your dealer :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 12:06:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42