What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone else asked by a dealer to pay in full, up front, by check in the mail?  (Read 6092 times)

Cora5

This may very well be a blessing in disguise...

Hot Tub Forum

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
I ended up speaking with Denise, who informed me that their current promotion does in fact requires payment in full by cash or check.  She then went on to say 'I'm sure the sales person would have mailed you a contract after you mailed the check'. When I explained to her how utterly ridiculous this concept was, she said "well, i'm not concerned if you take your business elsewhere. And need to be careful what you post on yelp, thats what lawyers are for". So much for Denise being reasonable. Seriously?!!! This is the worst company I've ever dealt with.

Wow that's very surprising to hear.  I'm quite shocked by that.  I've never met her in person but have always heard good things about her.  I guarentee you precision doesn't treat customers that way.  I've known Jay for a long time and have the utmost confidence in his ability to deliver what he says he will

silversun

Yeah I was very surprised. I expected her to at least agree to 50% up front, 50% upon delivery. shocking.

On the other hand, Jay at precision pools has restored my faith in the hot tub industry. He's been fantastic. I am not totally sold on caldera or marquis, but I'm considering purchasing from his store based solely on the excellent service I know they would provide.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Yeah I was very surprised. I expected her to at least agree to 50% up front, 50% upon delivery. shocking.

On the other hand, Jay at precision pools has restored my faith in the hot tub industry. He's been fantastic. I am not totally sold on caldera or marquis, but I'm considering purchasing from his store based solely on the excellent service I know they would provide.

This is why you'll often see pros here touting the importance of a dealer who needs to be there for you both before and after the sale. If you really like the dealer that's half the battle and the two brands he carries are very well respected.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

d00nut

I know Jay too.  He and I hung out at the Caldera dealer conference this past year.  He's a great guy.  He's always posting tons of helpful stuff on Facebook too for his customers

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member

I know Jay too.  He and I hung out at the Caldera dealer conference this past year.  He's a great guy.  He's always posting tons of helpful stuff on Facebook too for his customers

Small world this hot tub business is. If you are heading to conference this year let me know. Be nice to put faces with the people I see on hear all the time. Or maybe I will see you in the caymans in February!

d00nut

Small world this hot tub business is. If you are heading to conference this year let me know. Be nice to put faces with the people I see on hear all the time. Or maybe I will see you in the caymans in February!

Working on that my friend!  I pm'd you my info

BullFrogSpasMN

Working on that my friend!  I pm'd you my info

C'mon Nick you can't go to dealer conference where it's the same "Ra Ra Ra, sell more spas for us" every single year and then not come to Orlando  8) 8)

edit: and yes asking for a payment in full before an invoice or handwritten contract is presented is flat out terrible salesmanship

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42