What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help with purchase decision needed  (Read 2794 times)

webber233

Help with purchase decision needed
« on: August 18, 2004, 08:59:11 am »
Hi all,

We are currently looking to purchase a new hot tub. We have been looking now for a couple of weeks. We have lots of dealers in the area (Canada) and are starting to get confused about who we should go with. We have looked at a bunch and have narrowed it down to these manufacturers: Beachcomber, Coast Spas, Arctic Spas, Dynasty Spas, Hydropool and Catalina. My instincts tell me to go with the Beachcomber 740 or 750, but I have doubts about their protec system and their small (compared to other manufacturers) 25sq ft. filter. Will they all cost about the same to run? Are there any things that I need to consider or soemthing that you can tell me to scratch any of them off the list? I can get a pretty good deal on the beachcombers right now...and also the Coast Spas Wailea is on special right now too. Thanks for any help in our selection...

Chris & Carrie

Hot Tub Forum

Help with purchase decision needed
« on: August 18, 2004, 08:59:11 am »

greg_s

Re: Help with purchase decision needed
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 09:32:17 am »
Webber,

We have a 720 that the factory sent in the wrong color. We decided we needed more room . We have a 730 on order with a discount from Beachcomber. Nice!

We like the Protec and the great step it makes. Beachcomber and our local dealer have been great to work with.

I think you can put a bigger filter in it if you wish. I'll let the experts answer that. One thing is the small filter is easy to clean.

Good luck!

TALKCalgary.com

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 11:06:14 am »
We wet tested Actic, Beachcomber, and the Marquis range. For us Beachcomber was by far the most enjoyable spa. And I can be a very fussy customer. ;D  Like you, I have (had) concerns about Beachcombers filters and donĄ't like the idea of putting the pumps outside of the main unit in a poorly insulated housing. But I figure with the number of spas Beachcomber sell up here in Canada, if that was a problem they would have dropped the Protec option a long time ago and they havenĄ't.  

The final clincher for us was our local Beachcomber dealer. They have gone above and beyond in helping us choose the right spa. They even recommended that we wet test the competition (there's confidence for you!) Finally, they offered to buy back our 750 if after one month we are not totally satisfied with it.

Steve
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 11:10:37 am by TALKCalgary.com »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 11:54:38 am »
I will just add that we are happy Dynasty customers (Excalibur 4000)

You can click on the weblink to the left for more details.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 11:55:30 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

webber233

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 12:42:21 pm »
Thanks for the responses guys. How long have you had the baechcomber? For anyone that has a beachcomber in Canada, how much is it costing you monthly on hydro? The dealer says that it will average out to be between $15-$20/month annually if you use it on a regular basis.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 12:42:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42