What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: So many choices. Artisian vs caldera vs someone else  (Read 4072 times)

Miffy

So many choices. Artisian vs caldera vs someone else
« on: August 10, 2017, 10:55:49 pm »
Hi,
I am trying to find a large hot tub for 8 or more people.  I have wet tested and not liked hot springs, jaccuzi, sundance and master spa.  I flew out of the seat in most and just not a good fit.  I really like caldera cantabria but am being quoted $15,500
  Is that good?  I also tested and liked but not as much Tropic Seas tahiti which is $10,000 but I can't find much info on it besides it is made by Artisian.  I wanted to wet test Artisian Isla Margarita but can't find one around me.
 Have I missed any brands that I should try to find around me?  I am in Michigan.  Does anyone have either of the ones I liked and have an opinion?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

So many choices. Artisian vs caldera vs someone else
« on: August 10, 2017, 10:55:49 pm »

Thisismyname

Re: So many choices. Artisian vs caldera vs someone else
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 08:19:09 am »
I'm getting quotes for $14k for the Cantabria.  But folks on here have said they are getting quotes in the 12k range.  I'm also in Michigan.

That said though....8 people even in that tub would be tight. Lots of leg rubbing would be going on. 

JoeCappi

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 08:56:31 am »
8 People comfortably you're looking at a Jacuzzi J495 which I also didnt like, I too was flying out of the seats. The Sundance Aspen I imagine would be the same.
I wet tested the Optima & loved it but you're at 6 comfortable 7 tight.

Miffy

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 10:27:44 am »
I wouldn't often have 8 people.  I just want a big tub that the kids can have some space in and 4-6 adults won't feel cramped.

Miffy

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 10:34:55 am »
I'm getting quotes for $14k for the Cantabria.  But folks on here have said they are getting quotes in the 12k range.  I'm also in Michigan.

Where in Michigan are you?  I can only find one Caldera dealer with two locations in Novi and Utica so I am stuck.

Thisismyname

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 01:11:49 pm »
Yeah them and any Lifestyles hot springs dealers can also sell Caldera since they are owned by the same parent company.

There are a bunch of Lifestyles in the area....I had the best luck with the one in Rochester.  Although ultimately we are going with a Bullfrog spa.

Miffy

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 02:35:17 pm »
I didn't look at bullfrog.  Should I for a similar size tub?  Why, if I may ask, did you decide on them and from where?

Thisismyname

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 02:58:08 pm »
Well we are going with the A8 which is 7'10" x 7'10"  you can get with or without a lounger...or with 2 loungers.

We really liked the power and different jet pak options.  There are like 16 different types of jetpaks that you can choose from.

Aside from that the price was not even close.  Cantabria best they would do was $14k, Hot springs Grandee was another option for us but it was gonna be about $13k delivered.

The Bullfrog will be less than $10k after a rebate they have going around labor day.

All things being equal on price we may have gone with the cantabria but not for $4.5k more.

We wet tested all of these plus a few more.  I recommend taking your suit and jumping in as many brands as you can...they truly are very different.

I bought a Caldera from the Utica store about 16 years ago...had a few problems with the tub but the dealer took care of most of them.

Miffy

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 04:09:29 pm »
Where did you get such a good price on a Grande?  I wet testes the cantabria and loved it but couldn't find a grande or glee to test.  Did you go to flushing for the bullfrog?  That's decently far for me and the only one I see for them around here.  Tropic Seas was also pretty nice and it's the size of cantabria and almost price of bullfrog fyi

Conine2965

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 04:15:52 pm »
Where did he get thast price on an A8 my billfrog dealer wanted 15k

Thisismyname

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 05:11:46 pm »
Where did you get such a good price on a Grande?  I wet testes the cantabria and loved it but couldn't find a grande or glee to test.  Did you go to flushing for the bullfrog?  That's decently far for me and the only one I see for them around here.  Tropic Seas was also pretty nice and it's the size of cantabria and almost price of bullfrog fyi

Grandee is from Rochester store without salt system. I think she was like 12.2k plus tax.

They have a Grandee to test at Utica...possibly Rochester too.

Went to flushing and Clinton two for BF dealers

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 05:11:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42