What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Sovereign 10 yrs old  (Read 2110 times)

angelkern

Hot Spring Sovereign 10 yrs old
« on: August 09, 2017, 03:58:35 pm »
My main pump went out on my Hotspring Sovereign Spa about 10 years old.  I purchased a new Wavemaster replacement pump and installed it with no problems.  When I connected to electric and brought it live ....the pump still won't work.  The heater and small circulation pump work but no main pump.  I tried connected it up to Pump 2 thinking maybe the pump 1 circuit was bad...same thing.   

When I hit the Jet or Clean buttons I hear a click and the heater light goes out but no pump activity.  When I hit the jet again the heater light comes back on.   

I checked the only fuse on the main board and it is intact. 

Any suggestions...what am I missing?   I can't believe this new pump is bad.  Are there any other fuses or modules on the motherboard that might need replaced.  I don't see a reset switch on the pump itself.

Thank you,
Angel

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Sovereign 10 yrs old
« on: August 09, 2017, 03:58:35 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Hot Spring Sovereign 10 yrs old
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 07:15:37 am »
What about the breaker for the pump. Hot Springs has a double breaker system. One for the pump/s and one for the heater/circ pump.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 11:08:47 am »
 You could also hook the pump direct to 220, hit the breaker and confirm the pump is good.    But you also need to confirm you actually have 220 coming in, hence Tmans thoughts.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 11:42:49 pm »
For your Sovereign, is the pump supposed to be 110v or 220v.  You might have to switch it.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 11:42:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42