What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Topside control going crazy  (Read 1681 times)

itguy

Topside control going crazy
« on: August 09, 2017, 04:56:55 pm »
Hello,
I have a 2000ish Caldera Spa. It has a Balboa WH-PRO-CCAJ controller. The topside control started going a bit haywire over the last several days. The first time I became aware, I could hear the pump was coming on for about 30 seconds, then off for about a 90 seconds, then the cycle would repeat. Looking at the topside control, it was behaving like I was pressing the temp button over and over. The temp would climb to the high limit, then back down to the low limit, then the cycle would repeat.

I shut off the breaker for about a minute, turned it back on, and all seamed fine. Then this morning I was hearing similar behavior from the pump, but the cycle was more like on for one minute, off for 3. This time I found that the temp was set to 90 (not increasing or decreasing).

My question is: Is this behavior indicative of the topside control going bad, or the controller (or something else entirely)? Is there a way I can verify the exact issue without expensive electronic tools? Not sure if it matters, the topside controller is a two button controller. One for Jets and Light. One for temp set. I cannot seem to find even a picture the exact one online.

If I can determine that the problem is the topside controller, and if I can find another topside controller with the same button configuration and plug (looks like a phone line, but with 6 connectors), would it be compatible? Or do I have to get the exact same model?

Thanks in advance!!!
Jeff

Hot Tub Forum

Topside control going crazy
« on: August 09, 2017, 04:56:55 pm »

itguy

Re: Topside control going crazy
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 11:13:12 am »
 So, this morning I turned the hot tub back on figuring I would need to get the water circulating for a few. Now it's clicking on and off the pump as well as the light. And at a much more rapid rate.  I actually unplugged the topside control cord where it plugs into the control board below. This did not stop the cycling of lights and pump. So, I'm guessing I will need to replace the control board as well? I cannot find this Control board on the market  anywhere.  How can I tell what model I can replace this with?

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Topside control going crazy
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 11:13:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42