What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub for Canadian Winters  (Read 15961 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Hot Tub for Canadian Winters
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 03:56:14 pm »
Arctic was already mentioned, he asked for more.

Thank you lol.  Glad some are reading the post.  Seems as if getting brand recommendations is harder than I expected. Lol

Its hard because there are a lot of quality brands. What's good for me may not be for you. It's a very personal thing if you want it to feel good. There are a ton of sales people here that will tell you there's is the best. That means nothing to you.

The energy usage of the top 5 brands will be relatively close to the same with Hot Springs winning hands down in energy efficiency. Their small magnetic circulation pump and fully foamed cabinet are very efficient. Combine small energy efficient pumps and well engineered plumbing with that and they win. But the rest are mostly so close that it should be figured out of your equation to comfort first. And as long as you pick one of the 5-10 high end brands (yes Arctic falls in there) Longevity should also be close on all those brands.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 03:56:14 pm »

Garrys Hot Tubs

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 01:12:36 pm »
Hydropool is amazing.

Exactly what you are looking for, and are actually made RIGHT in Mississauga.

You want to look into the Self-Cleaning line, I recommend a Model 570-800 would be ideal for you.

You can get a salt system, cabinets are made of ever last material, (do not corrode to weather conditions).

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 03:59:36 pm »
What brands are "best" is irrelevant.  The question is- And what the real pros on here know- is what brands are located NEAR YOU?  As others noted, everyone wants to push their brand.  What good is that if that brand isn't represented by a dealer that is in your area, will supply warranty work, and will be helpful for you for the life of your tub?  Half of every purchase is the brand, but the other half is the dealer.

Find out who is close, what they carry, what *FEELS* good (both in sitting and wet testing the jets) and only then ask us about what you have to choose from.  That cuts out the salesmanship on bot your end and this end.  Because really:  Are you going to buy a tub w/o a dealer, or a tub that doesn't feel comfortable to sit in, or who's jets hurt?

I hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 04:29:37 pm »
Hydropool is amazing.

You want to look into the Self-Cleaning line, I recommend a Model 570-800 would be ideal for you.

You can get a salt system, cabinets are made of ever last material, (do not corrode to weather conditions).

Your honor, I rest my case.
Retired

MarKee

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2017, 03:17:37 am »
Hydropool is amazing.

I know the big marketing pitch for Hydropool is that they are a self-cleaning hot tub.  Can you expand on this and tell me how they self-clean more than some of the other brands on the market?

Sam

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2017, 05:30:15 pm »
Hydropool is amazing.

I know the big marketing pitch for Hydropool is that they are a self-cleaning hot tub.  Can you expand on this and tell me how they self-clean more than some of the other brands on the market?

It's pretty b.s.

They have a skimmer and a floor drain basically. 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2017, 06:09:52 pm »
Hydropool is amazing.

It's a pretty nice sellable feature in the swim spas imo, spas not so much....in the swim spa you basically have a large triangular "plate" at the end of the unit and twice per day 'sweeper jets' automatically kick on to push debris towards said "plate" which is basically the same thing as a main drain in a traditional in-ground pool.  So again in a larger swim spa it is nice to have both 'topside' and 'main drain' style suctions to improve water turnover/filtration and to maintain cleanliness but again in 350 gallon 7' x 7' spa it doesn't really do much of anything for me.  Just my .02

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2017, 06:09:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42